PDA

View Full Version : Early March Silver

angellionel
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Yesterday I spent some time working the field of a local park and picked up one silver Roosevelt dime as well as several wheat cents.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/silverdime_030110.jpg

With the warmer weather we have been having lately I figured it might be worth it to give one of the Connecticut parks a try, so today I headed out to one I had frequented the latter part of last year. The day was beautiful with the temperature in the low 50's. It sure made for a relaxing time swinging the coil. I managed to dig up five silver dimes, one Barber, dated 1906, three mercs, dated 1919, 1920-S, and 1937-D, and a Rosie, dated 1959.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/silverdimes030210.jpg

I dug up plenty of clad too, as well as fourteen wheat cents.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/wheatcents_030210.jpg

Now my machine is in need of a good cleaning. :cheesysmile:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/etraconfield030210.jpg

HH!

coinnut
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
:rofl: for a minute, when I first started to read your post, I thought you only found that lone Roosevelt. I was all ready to razz you until I scrolled down :rolleyes: Nice 1919 Mercury and 1906 Barber. If I were you I'd stick to Connecticut ;) A very good hunt and it must have felt really good to detect without 3 layers of clothes :lol:

Beefcake
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
You need to start a running total for silvers in your Sig... it's only March and we've already lost count! How many so far?

angellionel
03-02-2010, 11:08 PM
:rofl: for a minute, when I first started to read your post, I thought you only found that lone Roosevelt. I was all ready to razz you until I scrolled down :rolleyes: Nice 1919 Mercury and 1906 Barber. If I were you I'd stick to Connecticut ;) A very good hunt and it must have felt really good to detect without 3 layers of clothes :lol:

MA parks have been good to me too. :lol:

It did feel good to not have so many layers on, and in fact I did have to take off the hoodie and a pullover as it was too warm to have them on.

You need to start a running total for silvers in your Sig... it's only March and we've already lost count! How many so far?

I had to check since I had not updated my log since January. :confused: So far I have 43. I may have to revise my goal for the year. :huh:

del
03-03-2010, 03:41 AM
:rofl: for a minute, when I first started to read your post, I thought you only found that lone Roosevelt. I was all ready to razz you until I scrolled down :rolleyes:

thats just like George , probably never reads all the directions too. :lol: :lol:

wow Angel i agree that 1919 merc is a beauty , great day to get out and pickup some silver . congrats .

with all that mud i was sure you had a picture of Coinnut's e-trac there in the grass. :lol: :lol:

Epi-hunter
03-03-2010, 05:22 AM
What did you do to that E-trac... give it a mud bath? :lol:

Very nice silver, and I really like the barber :yes: That park just never quits giving up silver for you. Beautiful start to the year.

A very good hunt and it must have felt really good to detect without 3 layers of clothes :lol:

George, he told me he had five shirts and a pullover on that day with you and Dan :lol: I'm surprised you got him out in the snow that day :lol:

del
03-03-2010, 06:42 AM
George, he told me he had five shirts and a pullover on that day with you and Dan :lol: I'm surprised you got him out in the snow that day :lol:

and here i thought he had been working out and was pretty buff :lol: :lol: :tongue: :tongue:

angellionel
03-03-2010, 09:37 AM
What did you do to that E-trac... give it a mud bath? :lol:

That's the sign of a machine hard at work. :lol: I would be more concerned if it didn't have a speck of dust on it. :grin:

and here i thought he had been working out and was pretty buff :lol: :lol: :tongue: :tongue:

:lol: :lol:

Actually, I felt more like a burrito. :lol:

MT
03-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Fantastic Angel :twirlingeyes:
MT

SeabeeRon
03-07-2010, 12:44 PM
All great coins, but gotta say I really like that Barber!! :yes:

Ill Digger
03-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Those are some nice dimes !!