PDA

View Full Version : Got lucky Fri.

Civil War Nut
03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I started out to go to Jackson , Tn. to hunt the old Salem Cemetary Battle . When I got close to Trenton I realized I had forget my maps of the battle , so I just stoped at Trenton and done some hunting , and GLAD I did . The first picture is where I would have been with no where to go . So here is what I found at Trenton . .54 cal sharps & ringtiils , another pulled bullet , one and a half plates of some kind , another buckle might be the small oval C.S. buckle it was about 1/4 mile from where I found the other C.S. buckle , bottons , anchor and sword or cross with a heart on it , rimfire shells , coins after the War , and two locks . Good luck to all .

MassDirtFisher
03-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Great finds!! Boy, that picture is just crazy. I would not know what to do......Glad your safe. Happy and Safe Hunting!!

Merc
03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Seems like your on a lock streak :yes: Nice pic of that funnel cloud, thats some scary stuff.

aloldstuff
03-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Nice picture of the funnel. Some great finds.

CODY
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Very nice finds, Congrats! thumbsup01

RobW
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, That's one thing I do not miss about TN...then again we had a BIG one here last year...give me a blizzard over a tornado any day!

Those are some great finds...... I notice the chew marks on some of the bullets...mice come accross them and knaw on them to file down their teeth....and then they die of lead poisoning..... lol....but sometimes, they can be from soldier's biting the bullett which is a pretty cool find.

Civil War Nut
03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, That's one thing I do not miss about TN...then again we had a BIG one here last year...give me a blizzard over a tornado any day!

Those are some great finds...... I notice the chew marks on some of the bullets...mice come accross them and knaw on them to file down their teeth....and then they die of lead poisoning..... lol....but sometimes, they can be from soldier's biting the bullett which is a pretty cool find.
Hidy RW . I started to put a large pix. of them on here and they could have been bit by our Southern boys . This is where the battle of Sept. 7 , 1862 at Trenton , Tn. was South 30 killed , 20 wonded it dosent say for the North .

JTGOLD
03-08-2012, 06:22 PM
lot of neat finds and that is a nasty looking storm,glad you were safe,good hunting.

skrapman
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
nice assortment of finds. Quite a few bullets. Mean looking funnel cloud, glad everything worked out. :groovy:

Fire Fighter 43
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Nice bunch of relics. If I was near that tornado I would have been under ground. Be safe and HH

Ill Digger
03-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Man! Great thread CWN! :shocked04: First off the tornado picture is just nuts!
Glad to see you were a least standing a little farther away than the others thumbsup01 lol
But it's funny how things workout ain't it. You had a great hunt even though it wasn't your intended hunt lo-cal thumbsup01 It seems everything happens for a reason :angelic:
The chewed bullets are awesome finds alone. And you found 3! :shocked04:stretcher: Thats crazy! :envious: But my favorite has to be the pulled bullet. Great picture of the threads from the puller or extractor! thumbsup01
All kindsa cool stuff! :cool:
Congrats!! :grin:

plehbah
03-22-2012, 09:17 PM
That is a great group of finds, and an awesome picture of a tornado. That is a tough day to beat.....

C'mon summertime!

Tinthumb
03-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Nice hunt, we find quite a few chewed minie's here. The shot of that tornado resembles hunting here in Oklahoma. lol