PDA

View Full Version : Two Mercury Dimes

angellionel
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I spent a few hours at the park, but it was a blustery afternoon making it colder than I would have liked. I had to return to my car to put on another pullover but it only made it barely bearable to be out on the open field. :shocked04: Anyway, though my teeth were chattering, I did manage to find two beautiful mercury dimes and about ten wheat cents. I think I'll wait for the weekend now. :lol:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/silverdimes_030310.jpg

I dug this old lantern part while working a trashy part of the park. The area appears to have been used as a dumping spot.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/lanternpart_030310.jpg

HH!

coinnut
03-03-2010, 08:36 PM
2 more for the pile :grin: Time to bulk up there partner :lol: It's not quite Spring yet :rolleyes: Not a bad short hunt though, but I had to laugh at the lanter top. I've found so many of them in pieces this year and they sound just good enough to dig :yes: A lot of parks were built on old dumping grounds. It was the in thing to do when they were full. Now we know that we were exposing our kids to toxins since there were no regulations on what you threw out back then. I guess I know what happened to me :lol: :crazy:

angellionel
03-03-2010, 08:43 PM
2 more for the pile :grin: Time to bulk up there partner :lol: It's not quite Spring yet :rolleyes: Not a bad short hunt though, but I had to laugh at the lanter top. I've found so many of them in pieces this year and they sound just good enough to dig :yes: A lot of parks were built on old dumping grounds. It was the in thing to do when they were full. Now we know that we were exposing our kids to toxins since there were no regulations on what you threw out back then. I guess I know what happened to me :lol: :crazy:

I know, but I was spoiled by yesterday's warm weather. :lol:

The lantern piece did sound off good enough to dig, even with the rest of the trash surrounding it. I'm sure glad I wear gloves... you never know what will be in those holes. :shocked04:

del
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
couple of nice mercs for sure Angel , very nice . well you'll like the nice mild 55 degree day for saturday we're suppose to have :smitten: :smitten: yessiree . :grin:

angellionel
03-03-2010, 08:54 PM
couple of nice mercs for sure Angel , very nice . well you'll like the nice mild 55 degree day for saturday we're suppose to have :smitten: :smitten: yessiree . :grin:

That's what I'm looking forward to. :thumbsup01: Today's wind was a killer. :shocked01:

Beefcake
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Spoiled alright.... I'm still trying to figure out how New England is less snowy than we are around here.... :confused: We've been stuck with 8 inches on the ground for the last month and a half... grrrrr...

z118
03-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Spoiled alright.... I'm still trying to figure out how New England is less snowy than we are around here.... :confused: We've been stuck with 8 inches on the ground for the last month and a half... grrrrr...

Seriously, we have a foot at least on the ground still and I am getting pretty frustrated seeing these posts!!!

Nice digs Angel. Can't wait to get out myself.

MT
03-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Nice digs Angel. Judi and I went to Golden Gate Park today and it was raining. We went home. :badday:
I can't imagine what you poor folks do all winter long back there.
:bummer:
Congrats,
MT

del
03-04-2010, 03:31 AM

hey Beef thats a question you should be asking Al global warming Gore :lol: :lol:

tanacat
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I dug this old lantern part while working a trashy part of the park. The area appears to have been used as a dumping spot.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/lanternpart_030310.jpg

Nice... I love old lantern parts. Takes you back to the days before we were spoiled with all this technology...

hey Beef thats a question you should be asking Al global warming Gore :lol: :lol:

Okay let's not go there- no religion or politics allowed... :bop: Hey that's kinda fun bopping someone in the head- it might be my favorite smiley... :rolleyes:

Beefcake
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't care who's to blame, but mother nature just lost my vote! ;)

SeabeeRon
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Sweet digs buddy!! :cool: