PDA

View Full Version : 2 CRUSTY COPPERS

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Well i went back to a couple pounded sites and all around the cellar holes were real quiet.decided to wander way back trampling through briars and stepping over down rotted trees for 8 hours I worked these 2 sites and not alot of targets left.but I managed 2 worn crusty coppers(this site I took Dan to 3 years ago and one coin came out a 1717 KGI 2 feet in front of cellar hole).not even a hint of what they once were oh well....that's how it goes when your hunting these colonial sites.a piece of broken shoe buckle ,a lone button and a portion of escuctcheon plate made the tear drop in todays hunt total finds picture.the highlight of my hunt has to be the unbroken bottle i saw glimmering in the sun under some leaves by a rock wall.

MassDirtFisher
03-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the 2 crusties!! Nice pic of the frowny finds!! Happy Hunting!!

Civil War Nut
03-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Well i went back to a couple pounded sites and all around the cellar holes were real quiet.decided to wander way back trampling through briars and stepping over down rotted trees for 8 hours I worked these 2 sites and not alot of targets left.but I managed 2 worn crusty coppers(this site I took Dan to 3 years ago and one coin came out a 1717 KGI 2 feet in front of cellar hole).not even a hint of what they once were oh well....that's how it goes when your hunting these colonial sites.a piece of broken shoe buckle ,a lone button and a portion of escuctcheon plate made the tear drop in todays hunt total finds picture.the highlight of my hunt has to be the unbroken bottle i saw glimmering in the sun under some leaves by a rock wall.
Man I just love that land you hunt on Heavy . I would love to hunt a place with that many years in it . And thant God with no Cotton Mouths with the biteing feaver . Nice finds .

Merc
03-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Turn the frown upside down Dave that was a good hunt.

CODY
03-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Congrats! Love the bottle. :smitten: Good hunt! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Well 2 crusty coppers is not that bad. And you got a home state bottle to boot. Congrats

tanacat
03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
:clapping: You are the man Dave! Nice creative frown face w/the teardrop lol
Love that bottle too |:cheering:

I envy your cellar hole hunts/adventures :envious:

JTGOLD
03-08-2012, 06:28 PM
nice finds,wtg.

Epi-hunter
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Great finds Dave :perfect10: :perfect10: :clapping:

Rob L
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Two crusty coppers are great finds when there is nothing else. I've got quite a few of those. When I get one that nothing will bring out the design, I use steel wool on it . I've got some King george coppers and large cents that I couldn't see any design on them till I took steel wool to them. One I was able to bring out the date. I wouldnt do it to something that I thought was worth something. but on some of the bad ones if you can bring out some detail, you can probably find out what it is, or was. ;I'd rather get crusty coppers than getting skunked.)

Fire Fighter 43
03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Congrats on the coppers and a nice hunt . |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
03-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Turn the frown upside down Dave that was a good hunt.

Haha I was going to say the same thing.

plehbah
03-22-2012, 09:10 PM
2 crusty coppers

You are speaking my language there. Dirty pennies are our bread and butter. Those two are really old and dirty. Very good specimens.

I also like that local druggist bottle. Those are so nostalgic they make me weep sepia.