PDA

View Full Version : 2nd GOLD ring of 2012! Diamonds & Rubies OH MY!

zachattack
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey all,

First off, I am going to apologize for not having pictures to post!!! My son supposedly took pictures for me, but they are not on the SD card!!! I will get pics up ASAP!!!

There is a HUGE piece of property a few blocks from my house in Park Hills, MO. There are several soccer and football fields on this land. My son plays football and my daughter plays soccer at this place during the fall, so I have personally seen the mobs of people!! The same soccer field might host 5 or 6 games per afternoon on each individual field....there are people EVERYWHERE. There are new groups of people constantly rotating in and out on both sides of the field to watch little Jimmy and Suzie!! hahah

Anyways, this place is pretty much a mixture of what could be considered one of the best and the worst places to hunt. There are shards of aluminum and pulltabs everywhere, but the ground is also FULL of clad and hopefully various other goodies.

So, to make a long story short.......I went on a 2 hr hunt last night and found an impressive pocket full of clad and a GOLD ring with a ruby in the center and 6 diamonds in a circle around the ruby. This is my best find to date and it's the second GOLD ring that I have found at this location over the past month. I'm going back tonight!!!

On a humorous note, I always bring my finds in to work with me to show the other guys. I brought the ring in this morning and one of the guys said that he wanted me to teach a class on metal detecting, which I thought was the stupidest thing I've ever heard!!!! hahaha They all have $75-$100 Wal-Mart and Radio shack detectors, so my ACE250 seems considerably superior to what they are using!

:beerbuddy:

tanacat
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats- sounds like a beauty :clapping: can't wait to check out in a pic! It sounds very valuable have you had it appraised yet??

Btw I also have kids (4 & 6 yr old boys) accompany me on some hunts. My 4 yr old has great potential, still thinking about getting him his own detector :) How old are your kids?

Snapolson
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Congrats on the gold ring! Hope the stones are real as well. Can't wait to see some pics too. :cheesysmile:

aloldstuff
03-08-2012, 12:37 PM
What a great find and can't wait to see the pictures. You should teach the class and payment should be 1/2 of all finds for one month.

zachattack
03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
OH....I forgot to mention that 3 of the stones came out.....but they have a real look about them, we'll find out!!! (MAYBE TODAY!!)

hahaha....I'll teach a class for a flat rate of $20 a head. MOST OF THOSE GUYS COULDNT FIND A SMASHED BEER CAN IN A BURN PILE! HAHAHA rofl

My kids are 3,6 & 9. My 9 y/o daughter is in charge of the shovel. My 6 y/o son is in charge of the camera. I have to keep them involved or they start whining and saying &quot:grin:AD, how much longer?? or &quot:grin:AD, my legs hurt!!..etc.etc.etc If they had their own detectors, they may be a bit more enthusiastic!

My 3 y/o is going out with me on Saturday.....we'll see how she handles it!!! haha :hammer:

Jeff (or)
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Congratulations on the gold ring find. Would love to see the pics of it. Sounds like the guy asking for some help with his detector may be really interested in the hobby. That is how a lot of people get started. Maybe you could take him on one of your detecting trips and give him a few pointers. remember, even the $100-$200 entry level detectors can find treasure. You may end up with a detecting buddy. Everyone has to start somewhere. If he was in my area, I would be glad to help.

zachattack
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
They are all really good guys and I like to heckle them. We poke at each other constantly. They actually find their share of stuff and it seems that their detectors actually do a pretty well! They come in with Civil war bullets all the time. (The battle of Pilot Knob in Pilot Knob, Missouri) There are 5 of them that own detectors. One guy owns a Fisher and the other guys own the lower-level Bounty Hunter machines. They aren't nearly as bad as I made them out to be!!! rofl

CODY
03-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Congrats on the Gold ring. I have only found one gold ring, but it was a rescue mission. Gave it back to the owner. Still looking for that one I can keep. lol

POKIE73
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
congrats on your finds good luck hunting dennis :peace:

coop
03-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Awesome thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
03-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Congrats on the GOLD!! |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
03-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Congrats on the gold find! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: I love how the ACE locks on jewelry :happydance01:

Looking forward to photos!