PDA

View Full Version : Filter Question

Richard in N.O.
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I am new to the V3i and muddling my way through all the programs and settings and I have a question.

I am primarily a relic hunter and I notice the preset Relic program uses the 10 Hz BP for normal to brisk sweeps in high ground mineralization. Well, I live in south louisiana and there is no mineralization so I am wondering if I should change the filter to 5 Hz BP. I realize the manual says I would have to use a slower sweep speed. Would this be a better setting for hunting in non mineralized ground with the V3i ? Any help would be apprecfiated.

MartinL
03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Go to the 5BP. Stuff sinks more in LA soil and you want ann the depth you can get. martin

Richard in N.O.
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the help!

sp1173
04-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd love to hunt in non mineralized soil. I didn't even know it existed:huh:thinkingabout:?
Good Luck

CyberSage
04-07-2012, 11:26 AM
The 5Hz filters will almost always get you deeper. They do require a slower physical swing speed however. I am not a relic hunter, but may be someone will chime in with their observations. Good luck!

Jack

freemindstuck
07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Proper ground filter depends on ground mineralization and swing speed and EMI. So if you are a faster swinger, ::huh:: or don't have any EMI where you hunt. Then 5 bp may not be the right one for you.