PDA

View Full Version : Double Tri-Fecta

jkress
03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Ron and I made the trip south of town to hunt the 1835 homestead we found this last December. Last time there we were both able to find a bunch of silver including the 1833 Mexican 8 Reale I posted here (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=8350.0).

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/ADstuff/pictures/picture-11.jpg

There are some massive trees on this property.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/ADstuff/pictures/picture-10.jpg

Today was just as exciting as our first trip. Found my second Large Cent. <: <: <:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-16.jpg

Some silver...
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-15.jpg

And a 'what is it'? Any ideas?
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/ADstuff/pictures/picture-12.jpg

Ron picked up 4 silvers including an extremely worn, bullet shot 1853 Seated quarter and an 1875 Seated dime. :clapping:
A great day all around. :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
03-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Joe, congratulations on a great hunt :perfect10: :perfect10: :drool: :drool:

That large cent came out of the ground only like midwest soil can do :happydance01: Beautiful!!!

Very nice silver too! Congrats |:confused:)

MassDirtFisher
03-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Awesome hunt!! Congrats!! Happy Hunting!!

angellionel
03-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Man Joe, I'm going to have to move to Iowa to dig those old coppers. lol The ones I dig up at the parks out here are not holding out well. \:[ That is a beautiful specimen. |:cheering: And the silver is sweet too. thumbsup01

Bell-Two
03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Wow looks like a super spot there and you guys did great in finding the goodies. The ground was good to that Largie and everything else came out nice.

milco
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Super finds Joe, congrats to you! I bet you could spend weeks at that place by the looks of it.

Ill Digger
03-09-2012, 01:31 AM
:shocked04: What!?! :hairpulling:....... :huh: I mean :envious:.... Thats great Joe! lol
Wow man! Talk about dream hunts! :daydream: Like everyone else said...boy o' bot that LC is a beaut!! :drool: :clapping:
I thought that last 5 looked kinda funny :thinkingabout: It looks like there's a few different verities. Yours looks like a 1855, Upright 5's. Thats cool! :yes: :cool:
The whatz it? :thinkingabout: At first glance I thought it was a button hook. :confused: But I don't think so now after seeing the steel rivets in the rear :dontknow:
Does it look like the thin end is broken? :thinkingabout: Oh Daaan lol
Congrats on what I know was a killer day of detectin' Joe! :envious: :clapping: :grin:

CODY
03-09-2012, 04:25 AM
:wow:That is some sweet finds. Congrats on the Silver |:cheering: That LC is awesome! :perfect10:

POKIE73
03-09-2012, 07:06 AM
i would love to find a large cent like that and the silver what a hunt you had congrats on a great day dennis

coop
03-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Sweet hunt thumbsup01

dave in iowa
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
great hunt you 2 , great site |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Joe, :perfect10: :perfect10: what a great looking site. Love those old big trees. Congrats on a double trifecta. That LC looks really good and who couldn't love a pile of silver like that.

PL8MAN
03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Great finds ! thumbsup01

skribnodsister
03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
:wow: Joe, awesome finds. Congrats on the silver and LC :perfect10:

pulltabsteve
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
That sure is a great looking property Joe <: The LC is beautiful :perfect10: :clapping: Congrats :groovy:

Tony Two-Cent
03-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Wow! :wow:

First of all, great photos as always, Joe! Some of those would look great in next years calendar! :yes:

And I echo everyone else's sentiments about the large cent, it's a beauty for sure! Huge congrats on the Double Trifecta! :clapping:

jkress
03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
That large cent came out of the ground only like midwest soil can do :happydance01: Beautiful!!!

Thank you Angie. This one came out of our very rich black soil in very nice condition. It was a thrill to find
this.

Awesome hunt!! Congrats!! Happy Hunting!!

Thank MDF. :)

That is a beautiful specimen.

I've been hoping for a while to dig a LC in nice shape. It was very satisfying to have it clean up so well. :smitten:

Man Joe, I'm going to have to move to Iowa to dig those old coppers.

Oops, I'm sorry. I meant to say I dug this out of Illinois soil. :yes: lol

Wow looks like a super spot there and you guys did great in finding the goodies.

It is exciting to think of what still remains in the ground just waiting to be found. :daydream:

I bet you could spend weeks at that place by the looks of it.

Definitely a lot of ground at this property. A little bit bigger than a city block. If you look
at the second picture and notice the house to the left of the tree, that is also part of the
property. It is about 5 years older than the big one to the right of the tree.

Yours looks like a 1855, Upright 5's. Thats cool! :yes: :cool:

Yeah, I was surprised at the different varieties when I cracked open the book.
I kind of thought the relic might be a button hook too until I turned it over. Not sure
what was attached there. :confused: The think end is twisted and broken.
Thanks Tim.

:wow:That is some sweet finds. Congrats on the Silver |:cheering: That LC is awesome! :perfect10:

Thanks.

i would love to find a large cent like that

They don't come often for me. I've found two about one year apart. I wish they were more plentiful here. :daydream:

Sweet hunt thumbsup01

thumbsup01

great hunt you 2 , great site |:cheering:

Thank you Dave. Hope you've been out these last couple of warm days. :yes:

Joe, :perfect10: :perfect10: what a great looking site. Love those old big trees. Congrats on a double trifecta.

The old trees fascinate me too. Just imagine all of the history these old ones have lived through. :daydream:
I was hoping to pick up a Seated coin to bump my dime tri-fecta up to a super-fecta. But it wasn't to be.
My buddy Ron missed the super-fecta by a Merc. So close.

Great finds ! thumbsup01

Thanks PL8MAN. :)

:wow: Joe, awesome finds. Congrats on the silver and LC :perfect10:

Thanks Donna. Are you guys out detecting yet?

That sure is a great looking property Joe <: The LC is beautiful :perfect10: :clapping: Congrats :groovy:

It is exciting to be swinging the coil over ground with so much potential. :)

Huge congrats on the Double Trifecta! :clapping:

Thank you Tony. It was a fun day of hunting for sure.

JTGOLD
03-10-2012, 08:22 AM
congrays on a great hunt,good going.

Fire Fighter 43
03-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Congrats on some great finds joe. That Largie is beutifull. |:cheering:

Ill Digger
03-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Oops, I'm sorry. I meant to say I dug this out of Illinois soil. :yes: lol
:eyebrow: Hey, hey, hey \:hammer: We don't have any of those here :dontknow: crying01

jkress
03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
:eyebrow: Hey, hey, hey \:hammer: We don't have any of those here :dontknow: crying01

rofl Come on brother... Angel wants to move to Illinois. Nothing wrong with that. :cheesysmile: lol