PDA

View Full Version : Seated Dimes And Coppers

angellionel
03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm not able to get out as often these days, and such will be my lot the remainder of the year, but with what time I do have to detect I have been concentrating on slowly working old parks to try and coax the older coins from the ground. Fortunately today I had some time, and since it was such a beautiful day I headed out to enjoy an afternoon of detecting.

The recent snow we had was completely gone from the park, and though the soil was slightly damp, it was not muddy, making digging painless. The park was generous in its offerings too, so I was able to leave with a pouch full of goodies.

I had hoped to pick up a few Indian Head cents to add to my growing collection, but these kept getting in the way. ;)

Unfortunately, my trowel made slight contact with one of the seated dimes while I was attempting to dig it from among some roots.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/6silvercoins_030812.jpg

This 1856 seated dime made up for the one I scratched.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1856_seateddime_030812.jpg

I suppose the scrape could have been worse on this 1857-O seated dime. :thinkingabout:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1857O_seateddime_030812.jpg

Now this 1889-S is a very nice specimen. There were 972,678 minted. I'm sure glad I did not scratch this one!

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1889S_seateddime_030812.jpg

The half reale was my first silver of the afternoon. Unfortunately it is very worn, and only a few details are discernible. Still, there is not much to complain about when finding a worn reale.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/halfreale_030812.jpg

Oh yeah, the coppers too were getting in the way of my finding Indian Head cents. ;) Three are large cents and one is a Connecticut copper. I can barely make out the dates on two of the large cents, but the Connecticut copper is far too gone to be able to do so.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/4coppers_030812.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/ctcopper_030812.jpg

Have a happy Friday everyone!

Snapolson
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
That's unreal!! :perfect10: Congrats on all those Seated dimes (and largies). I can't wait till one of them shows up in my plug! lol

jkress
03-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Who the heck manages 3 Seateds, a Spanish silver and 4 coppers on a hunt? :confused: Can only be one person! :yes:

Congratulations on a beautiful hunt Angel. :smitten: Awesome coins, even the one you love tapped in the roots. :clapping:
The half Reale and Connecticut copper are incredible finds... but I love the Seated three. :loveit:

Well done sir. :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
03-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I know... those large coppers and silvers keep getting in the way of your indian head cent goal lol :cheesysmile: :bop:

Very nice hunt Angel. :perfect10: What is your large copper total since the new year? It seems like you have found dozens. :)

Congrats!

Epi-hunter
03-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Hey, and if you had to scratch one... that one was the one to scratch. :yes:

angellionel
03-08-2012, 11:00 PM
That's unreal!! :perfect10: Congrats on all those Seated dimes (and largies). I can't wait till one of them shows up in my plug! lol

Thanks! thumbsup01

Who the heck manages 3 Seateds, a Spanish silver and 4 coppers on a hunt? :confused: Can only be one person! :yes:

Congratulations on a beautiful hunt Angel. :smitten: Awesome coins, even the one you love tapped in the roots. :clapping:
The half Reale and Connecticut copper are incredible finds... but I love the Seated three. :loveit:

Well done sir. :beerbuddy:

But hey, I would trade all four coppers for that stunning one you dug. :loveit: The park soil here can be merciless on the coppers. :shocked01: I do love the seated dimes. :smitten:

Thanks Joe! :beerbuddy:

I know... those large coppers and silvers keep getting in the way of your indian head cent goal lol :cheesysmile: :bop:

Very nice hunt Angel. :perfect10: What is your large copper total since the new year? It seems like you have found dozens. :)

Congrats!

Yeah, how dare they? lol

Thanks Angie. :) This year I have found 23 coppers. :yes:

Hey, and if you had to scratch one... that one was the one to scratch. :yes:

I know! :shocked03: I would have been in tears if I had scratched one of the other two. :crying02: lol

milco
03-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Simply amazing finds, WOW!

MassDirtFisher
03-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Angel, when are you going to write a book?? Silver in every hole Congrats on a great day of detecting!! Your finds are impressive as always. Happy Hunting!!

Ill Digger
03-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Angel, when are you going to write a book??
I know! Right!?! :yes: thumbsup01
This is another one for the books! |:confused:) |:confused:)
All I can say is WOW! :wow:
Congrats! :grin:
When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! :daydream: :yes: lol

POKIE73
03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
its hard to belive you just keep on making finds like the ones in this post i think i speak for a lot of us i would like to have just one hunt like that you keep getting one better than the next congrats on a spectacular hunt once again dennis

aloldstuff
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Angel, Rob and I are happy that the detecting time will be limited, okay not really cause we would miss these great posts. What a great hunt. Those pesky LC's get in the way all the time. Congrats .... by the way...where is this park?

zachattack
03-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I am gonna have to kidnap some of you guys on here and demand that you take me to your hunting spots!!! Bribery might work too!!! hahahahah. :drool:

Excellent finds! :perfect10:

These kind of posts definitely keep a guy motivated!!!! :clapping:

CyberSage
03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
:omg: Fantastic hunt Angel! Very impressive finds. I would love to just follow you around and watch you dig these beauties. You know hunting coins is just like fishing. Just throw the ones your not after back. lol You know, dig and release :grin:

tanacat
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Excellent recovery Angel!!! :clapping: |:confused:) :cheering:

I would love to just follow you around and watch you dig these beauties.

Have you ever made a video? I'll be embarrassed if you have, as long as I've known you on here :embarrassed: But I've never seen one. I want to hear that cool accent I've heard about :) thumbsup01 I haven't made a video yet, but plan to... then ya'll can hear my groovy Kentucky accent! lol rofl

Tony Two-Cent
03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Three Seated Liberty dimes in one hunt?!!!! :drool: :envious: :envious: :envious:

Not to mention a half reale and four large coppers thrown in for good measure?!!!! :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked01: :loveit:

INCREDIBLE!!! :wow:

Angel, you are a constant source of inspiration! |:confused:)

angellionel
03-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Angel, when are you going to write a book?? Silver in every hole Congrats on a great day of detecting!! Your finds are impressive as always. Happy Hunting!!

Thanks! :beerbuddy: I'm not a writer unfortunately, or I would have been at it already. :embarrassed: And you may be giving a friend of mine too much ammunition. lol

I know! Right!?! :yes: thumbsup01
This is another one for the books! |:confused:) |:confused:)
All I can say is WOW! :wow:
Congrats! :grin:
When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! :daydream: :yes: lol

Yeah, sure you do. lol Thanks Tim! thumbsup01

its hard to belive you just keep on making finds like the ones in this post i think i speak for a lot of us i would like to have just one hunt like that you keep getting one better than the next congrats on a spectacular hunt once again dennis

The coins are out there Dennis. :yes: You may just surprise yourself once you learn your machine well. thumbsup01

Angel, Rob and I are happy that the detecting time will be limited, okay not really cause we would miss these great posts. What a great hunt. Those pesky LC's get in the way all the time. Congrats .... by the way...where is this park?

I bet. lol lol

As to the park.... it's in New England. :cheesysmile: :angelic:

I am gonna have to kidnap some of you guys on here and demand that you take me to your hunting spots!!! Bribery might work too!!! hahahahah. :drool:

Excellent finds! :perfect10:

These kind of posts definitely keep a guy motivated!!!! :clapping:

lol lol

Thank you Zach! :beerbuddy:

:omg: Fantastic hunt Angel! Very impressive finds. I would love to just follow you around and watch you dig these beauties. You know hunting coins is just like fishing. Just throw the ones your not after back. lol You know, dig and release :grin:

As slow as I often go you would likely get bored Jack. lol You might be on to something with the fishing analogy. :thinkingabout: Silver of any type is hard to discard though. lol Thanks Jack! thumbsup01

Excellent recovery Angel!!! :clapping: |:confused:) :cheering:

Have you ever made a video? I'll be embarrassed if you have, as long as I've known you on here :embarrassed: But I've never seen one. I want to hear that cool accent I've heard about :) thumbsup01 I haven't made a video yet, but plan to... then ya'll can hear my groovy Kentucky accent! lol rofl

No, I've never made a video. :embarrassed: The main reason is that I just don't have any interest in doing so, plus it might just get in the way and make me lose focus. lol I think you would do well with making a video. :yes: Give it a try at one of your hunts. I would love to see one. :yes:

And I don't know about any cool accent. rofl My brain just confuses the words. :cheesysmile: But I wouldn't mind hearing your Kentucky accent. :grin: so make the video. :cheesysmile: lol

Three Seated Liberty dimes in one hunt?!!!! :drool: :envious: :envious: :envious:

Not to mention a half reale and four large coppers thrown in for good measure?!!!! :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked01: :loveit:

INCREDIBLE!!! :wow:

Angel, you are a constant source of inspiration! |:confused:)

Believe me, I restrained the urge to do a dance out in the field. lol Seated coins are definitely very exciting to find. :yes:

Thanks Tony!

silversearcher
03-10-2012, 07:22 AM
:angelic: in New England.......
you make this look so easy.
congrats on all your finds. Sorry you did get 11 silver in 1 day again :poke:
HH |:confused:)
Just save alittle treasure for the rest of us here in W Mass :envious:

JTGOLD
03-10-2012, 08:13 AM
just plain awsome,great hunt,wtg.

Fire Fighter 43
03-10-2012, 08:36 AM
What? No barber for the grand slam, you must be slipping a little. LOL congrats on the great finds. |:cheering: 3 seateds in one hunt I would be on cloud nine. WTG Angel.