PDA

View Full Version : learning curve of the e-trac

kevinslack
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
i got my e-trac jan 28th of this year, hit it real hard to learn the curve on this detector. i also dug alot of junk so i could see what it was with the co number. even after all my hunting i still get fooled on some rusty nails. and i feel i still got a ways to go before getting passed the curve. but heres what i have did with the e-trac from jan 28th intill today. 55 quarter 51 nickels 91 dimes 1 george washington dollar 338 pennys 33wheat pennys 4 silver dimes 1 silver quarter 1 token. heres pictures of my coins and my junk. because i take all junk out of the park i dig.

kevinslack
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
also in my junk pile, you will see half of a red truck. that thing came in at 42 on the co number. and when i got to it the hole was 15 inches deep. thats my deepest target i have dug with the e-trac.

coinnut
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I'd say you diid real good learning that E Trac. The ratio of junk to coins is very good. I think digging junk is part of detecting and sometimes you can make some good discoveries that way. Besides removing junk can open up the deeper targets in the future. How do you like the E Trac so far? It definitely can go deep. 15 is nothing to laugh at. If there was a silver dollar there it would have found it easily!! Congrats on you E Trac journey ;)

kevinslack
03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
i like the e-trac because of the dept that i get with it. i had a DFX for about two months and had three extra coils with it but i could not fined deep coins with it. i might have not gave the DFX a good chance or really knew how to run it hot. so i sold it for $900.00 and bought the e-trac with the sunray prob 8x6 sef coil and the 10x12 sef coil and a 8 inch coil. but the coil that came with the e-trac is hard to beat, its a deep coil. this is a metal detector that will be good for along time i hope. someday i will fined a better spot to hunt, all i hunt right now is the parks in pueblo and there is alot of trash in the parks. so learning the e-trac in the parks will only make me better when i fined some old place to hunt with out all the trash. so yes i like the e-trac alot

coinnut
03-04-2010, 04:25 PM
i had a DFX for about two months and had three extra coils with it but i could not fined deep coins with it. i might have not gave the DFX a good chance or really knew how to run it hot. so i sold it for $900.00
someday i will fined a better spot to hunt, all i hunt right now is the parks in pueblo and there is alot of trash in the parks. so learning the e-trac in the parks will only make me better when i fined some old place to hunt with out all the trash. so yes i like the e-trac alot

You did good getting $900.00 for that DFX. They have dropped down quite a bit. The DFX is really a great machine and it sometimes takes a while to get a real deep program with it. I know Del has found a 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent with it at around 12. I found a 1827 Large Cent at 10.5 with my DFX. So it does go deep in the right conditions. The E Trac with the X-1 probe is a great combination. I can't say enough good things about that probe. I have some extra coils and I rarely use them. That 11 coil has great separation. Hang in there, you will find some older parts of town. Then the older coins will follow.

Beefcake
03-04-2010, 06:10 PM
That looks like a really good first month to me! Gives me hope for when I get my E-trac.

Epi-hunter
03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
That is a fantastic first month! You are doing great with the E-trac. It really is a deep machine, and I have yet to find a reason to take the stock coil off... it is too good! thumbsup01