PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Detectorist?

Merc
03-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I was just wondering why the emoticons have one flying a Canadian :usaflag: and none flying the AMERICAN :usaflag:. No offence to the Canadians, was just curious considering this is American Detectorist. I know there are people from all walks of life here but I would think that there would be one with an American :usaflag:. Again It's not really important just curious. Any thoughts?

angellionel
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I was just wondering why the emoticons have one flying a Canadian :usaflag: and none flying the AMERICAN :usaflag:. No offence to the Canadians, was just curious considering this is American Detectorist. I know there are people from all walks of life here but I would think that there would be one with an American :usaflag:. Again It's not really important just curious. Any thoughts?

That emoticon was just put up for one of our Canadian members. It had nothing to do with showing patriotism, but rather for him, as he apparently has been doing at other sites, to include it at the end of each of his posts. The emoticon in fact could have been anything related to Canada. I'm inclined to change it to something innocuous. The last thing we want here is to make this into some sort of political statement.

plehbah
03-22-2012, 09:34 PM
I like the beautiful and proud Canadian :usaflag:. The maple tree is a very noble beast!