PDA

View Full Version : Seated Half Dimes - Seated Dime - Copper +

angellionel
03-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Today I met up with John (midas) to enjoy a day of detecting. The weather was pleasant, the park was quiet, and the finds were sweet. :loveit:

John did well with the Indian head cents, picking up about 12. He also dug up two silver coins, a 1851 three cent piece (trime) and a 1853 seated half dime. He will likely post his finds tomorrow.

For my part, I scored with nine silver coins, three of them seated coins, a dime and two half dimes. I also dug up seven badly corroded Indian Head cents, seven wheat cents, and a 1831 large cent.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/9silvercoins_031012.jpg

The seated coins do look great together. :smitten:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/seatedcoins_031012.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1851seatedhalfdime_031012.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1858seatedhalfdime_031012.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1872seateddime_031012.jpg

The large cent held up better than the others I have dug the past few days. It makes my 25th copper this year.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/copperandihs_031012.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1831_largecent_obv_031012.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/March/1831_largecent_rev_031012.jpg

Have a happy weekend everyone!

Tony Two-Cent
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Just when I think you can't possibly keep up that incredible streak! Unreal! :omg:

It seems that you hit a homerun with every hunt, Angel! Those seated coins are breathtaking! :drool:

And at least you found actual half dimes, unlike me! lol

It sounds like John had a decent day too. Man, you guys both had sweet hunts!

Spectacular! |:confused:)

jkress
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
:shocked04: Another super incredible hunt. |:confused:) You have had an amazing week Angel. :beerbuddy:

Those seated coins do look gorgeous together. :smitten: Two half dimes in one hunt is something else. :drool:

Congrats on that handful of silver, the IH's and especially the LC.

MassDirtFisher
03-10-2012, 11:02 PM
:shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked03:

Angel, you have had quite a streak going, I can only imagine what your next hunt will unearth. Congrats on some of the nicest looking silver coins I have seen. Could you leave a few for us next time?? rofl rofl rofl

Happy Hunting!!

Ill Digger
03-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Just when I thought you've hit every possible coin combination there is in one hunt 8/ Two half dimes!?! Plus a regular seated dime! :shocked04:
Thats not even mentioning the rest of the silvers :wow: And for the cherry on top.....a big'ol Large Cent! :shocked03:
Out of this world once again Angel! |:confused:)
Mega Congrats on that hunt! :grin:

CODY
03-11-2012, 03:05 AM
:wow:Again, YOU are the MAN! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:). Unbelivable!!!!!! Awesome!!!!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:. I can only dream of such finds. Congrats and HH

DennisH
03-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Wow, that is the best park I have ever head of!!!!!! WTG and I need a place like that. Great hunting!!!

POKIE73
03-11-2012, 07:41 AM
you make it look so easy it is unbelievable the finds you come up with it seems just when it cant get better you do it again congrats on a great hunt like i said before your are the silver wizard good luck hunting dennis

tanacat
03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
:clapping: :cheering: |:confused:)

Very nice! |:cheering: It's amazing how many wonderful coins you guys find in the old parks amongst all the trash... inspirational to not give up!

JTGOLD
03-11-2012, 08:49 AM
awsome silver finds,keep it up.

Snapolson
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: Amazing!!!! Congrats! :loveit:

BobE
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Three seated in one day: great hunt.
How deep were the seated?
Thanks for the post.

silversearcher
03-12-2012, 07:36 AM
:wow: :perfect10: You are a silver magnetr Angel |:confused:)
What's your silver count for 2012 so far?
As always your finds are amazing. HH

aloldstuff
03-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Angel, I have to tell you that your posts are now getting boring rofl. Always seated, capped, LC, IH's, its always the same old thing rofl. Really now huge congrats on some fantastic hunting.

RobW
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh, just 9 silvers with some seated thrown in, and a Lc for good measure 8/

Great finds Angel!

yooks Like you and John had a great time cleaning up that park...how nice of you lol

randy
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Awesome hunt Angel :perfect10: You are totally killing it this season.

angellionel
03-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks again for the kind comments everyone!! |:cheering:

Just when I think you can't possibly keep up that incredible streak! Unreal! :omg:

It seems that you hit a homerun with every hunt, Angel! Those seated coins are breathtaking! :drool:

And at least you found actual half dimes, unlike me! lol

It sounds like John had a decent day too. Man, you guys both had sweet hunts!

Spectacular! |:confused:)

Thanks Tony! :beerbuddy:

I had three great consecutive days; the hunts were fun for sure. :yes: John and I may have some time tomorrow afternoon to swing the coil, and we are hoping to score with a few more old coins. After that my detecting time will likely be cut short, but at least I had a few awesome hunts. :yes:

:shocked04: Another super incredible hunt. |:confused:) You have had an amazing week Angel. :beerbuddy:

Those seated coins do look gorgeous together. :smitten: Two half dimes in one hunt is something else. :drool:

Congrats on that handful of silver, the IH's and especially the LC.

They do look great together, don't they. :yes: Those half dimes are so much fun to find. :happydance01:

:shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked03: :shocked03:

Angel, you have had quite a streak going, I can only imagine what your next hunt will unearth. Congrats on some of the nicest looking silver coins I have seen. Could you leave a few for us next time?? rofl rofl rofl

Happy Hunting!!

I will try to leave a few in the ground, but my machine may say otherwise. lol Thanks! Hopefully tomorrow I can post a few more nice coins. :yes:

Just when I thought you've hit every possible coin combination there is in one hunt 8/ Two half dimes!?! Plus a regular seated dime! :shocked04:
Thats not even mentioning the rest of the silvers :wow: And for the cherry on top.....a big'ol Large Cent! :shocked03:
Out of this world once again Angel! |:confused:)
Mega Congrats on that hunt! :grin:

Thanks Tim! I think another half dime or two will do for the year. lol Hey, I can dream. :cheesysmile: lol

:wow:Again, YOU are the MAN! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:). Unbelivable!!!!!! Awesome!!!!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:. I can only dream of such finds. Congrats and HH

Thanks Cody! :beerbuddy: And dreams can become reality my friend! thumbsup01 You have some good sites down your way, so don't discount such finds. :yes:

Wow, that is the best park I have ever head of!!!!!! WTG and I need a place like that. Great hunting!!!

Thanks Dennis! thumbsup01 It's just another so-called 'hunted out park' most have given up on. :yes:

you make it look so easy it is unbelievable the finds you come up with it seems just when it cant get better you do it again congrats on a great hunt like i said before your are the silver wizard good luck hunting dennis

But easy it isn't my friend. :yes: It' takes some work, but it is worthwhile. thumbsup01 Thanks Dennis!

:clapping: :cheering: |:confused:)

Very nice! |:cheering: It's amazing how many wonderful coins you guys find in the old parks amongst all the trash... inspirational to not give up!

That's right! Don't give up! thumbsup01 I think you will surprise yourself soon enough. :happydance01:

Three seated in one day: great hunt.
How deep were the seated?
Thanks for the post.

Many of the coins have been on the deep side, 8 or more, with the large cents easily hitting at the 10+ level. :yes:

:wow: :perfect10: You are a silver magnetr Angel |:confused:)
What's your silver count for 2012 so far?
As always your finds are amazing. HH

Well, as it was last year, this year I have been trying to concentrate on old coins in general, not necessarily silver as I did in 2010. So when time allows I am trying to hit sites that will yield such coins. Still, I haven't done bad on the silver count, digging up 63 so far. :yes: I have actually been on a Indian Head cent kick however. lol

Angel, I have to tell you that your posts are now getting boring rofl. Always seated, capped, LC, IH's, its always the same old thing rofl. Really now huge congrats on some fantastic hunting.

But I like that kind of boring Al. lol I admit that it tends to spoil one though. lol

Oh, just 9 silvers with some seated thrown in, and a Lc for good measure 8/

Great finds Angel!

yooks Like you and John had a great time cleaning up that park...how nice of you lol

And I still wanted more, so it was hard leaving the park. rofl

Awesome hunt Angel :perfect10: You are totally killing it this season.

Thanks Randy! :beerbuddy: I'm just glad to get in some sweet early hunts. :happydance01:

Fire Fighter 43
03-13-2012, 09:56 PM
:wow: three seateds and there all in great shape. WTG Angel |:cheering: