PDA

View Full Version : Al was away...Tim and I went and played

RobW
03-12-2012, 10:42 AM
As the heading states, Al was away this weekend ...on Saturday, I headed out for a solo hunt. I hit a few spots that I hit in the past trying some new methods that I'm still trying to glean from Angel's posts. Nothing really. Went to a park that gives up a few goodies here and there and managed a few wheats and a 41 Merc (no pics)

On Sunday, Tim and I got togther. I told him that there was a dirt pile that I wanted to hit on the way out. We pulled up grabbed our detectors, and went to work. I got half way round and had a SCREAMING 12/47 hit! :happydance01:....what could it be? I dug into the pile and pulled out a nice green disc <: happydance02. I stuck it in my special pocket and kept working...nothing else. Got back into the car and pulled it out to take a better look.... :shocked03: such details...1796 Liberty Cap LC!!!!!! :peace:...2nd for the year, but the details are so clear on this one!

WE hit another park, I managed a few wheats...Tim will give his tally.

I then took Tim to a spot that I hit every now and then. Last year I pulled a Reale and a merc from there, ands this year, I pulled an Icelandic 1931 5 some wheats and a great 1915 Buffalo. This time I only managed a wheat, but Tim did well.

THEN...we went back to the park that I had went to the day before....I hit an area I had been hitting hard...I didn't think anything would be left...BUT as an :angelic: always says.....going at an extremely slow pace...and I mean extremely...I think I smoked a cigerette during a full sweep lol....I managed a few more wheats and another 41 Merc.

I heard Al had the cops on him again while he was in NH trying to detect.... rofl...that Al....he'sdefinatly up to no good lol

Oh, and enjoy the pics...I actually bought a REAL camera just for the forum after all of the harrassment about the quality of my pics lol

aloldstuff
03-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Rob, been waiting to see this beauty. You seem to be stuck on 1796 :perfect10:. Some nice hunting and congrats on the keepers. As far as the cops go it seems that I got one past the goalie. :peace:

MassDirtFisher
03-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Guys and Gals, the picture does this coin no justice, Its a beauty. Congrats Rob, I was glad I was right there to see you score it. Happy Hunting!!

RobW
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
You seem to be stuck on 1796 :perfect10:.

That's OK...I'm good with that...just need some of that 1796 silver! :smitten:

MassDirtFisher
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Can we see the reverse:huh: I would love to see if that sucker is stemless. :thinkingabout:

RobW
03-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't cleaned it...I'm afraid to touch it! I need some of that coin conditioner Angel uses...or maybe send it to NCG to have them clean grade and slabb it.

MassDirtFisher
03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Good, dont clean it. Its a seriously awesome find. Way to go!!

RobW
03-12-2012, 02:44 PM
So Tim,....where's your pics of your pile of goodies? :confused:

Maybe Al should go away more often, we do great without him..... :poke: rofl

MassDirtFisher
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=9190.0

MassDirtFisher
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Its fun going out with the both of you. :behave:

RobW
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Don't get me wrong I agree, I was just messin'.....it's always great to have an old man's wisdom around...besides, the homeowners always feel sorry for a hobling old man wanting to swing his metal detector, next we'll have to get a young kid...hey wait, you have kids (mine has no interest)..... we'll leave out what you joke about saying to the homeowners :lipssealed:....I'll just wear my found medal next time....rofl rofl

angellionel
03-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Sweetness! :drool: You have outdone yourself Rob! :clapping: I would refrain from cleaning that baby. Better to have it professionally done if you choose to do so. thumbsup01 And hey, can you e-mail me a copy of the original photo? That coin should be one for next year's calendar. :yes:

JTGOLD
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
thats a great find,wtg.

aloldstuff
03-12-2012, 06:56 PM

Ouch, now that hurt. Good thing I have thick skin :interesting:

CODY
03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Excellent find. Congrats!

Fire Fighter 43
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Great hunt Rob!! Congrats on the ice finds |:cheering:

silversearcher
03-16-2012, 08:30 AM
:cool: nice finds.
Congrats on the new camera. I hope you got the same 1 as Al so you can teach him how to use it..... :interesting: How do I turn off this Flash >:/ :poke:
I cant wait to find a 1700s I'm stuck on 1895, wtg!

Rob L
03-16-2012, 07:42 PM
:wow:Nice liberty cap. I've got one but not as nice as yours. You may want to try to find ouy where they are going to spresd that pile And check it out.

skrapman
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice coin, it is in remarkable condition. Iv'e yet to find a liberty cap :dontknow:. congrats :happydance01: :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
03-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Holy cow! What a gorgeous Liberty Cap! :wow:

That is such a beautiful coin! I agree with everyone else, I wouldn't attempt to clean it myself, I would leave that to a professional. :yes:

Amazing find! Congrats! |:confused:)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-21-2012, 12:13 AM
beautiful! nice hunt dude!