PDA

View Full Version : Another Holy Grail

Civil War Nut
03-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Hidy to all . Well while hunting at Jackson for the Museum today I found my next goal , A bullet in a tree , maybe two . I just saved one for the Museum to carve out , it took me alot of my hunting time carvering this one out so yal could see it . The other come in like a .36 cal. bullet or buck shot . I bet people that see me runing my coil up and down trees thank I am a lil crazy . I can just here it now , two kids going down the road ha look at that fool he dont know the ground from the trees , we need what he is smoking . Anyway I found my next goal , now I dont know what I want to find next . Got four .54 cal . minnies , small lead , and two bullets or one for sure in a old tree . It looks like a .44 cal. sharps but not sure , maybe some can make it out . There is a circle around the other pice of wood where the bullet is . Hope yal enjoy as much as I did in finding it . HH .

Ill Digger
03-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Well I'm glad you can scratch one off your wish list thumbsup01 <:
And thats a outstanding find! :yes: :clapping: Thats dedication to your hobby there thumbsup01
I don't know about anything else but thats a smokin' cool find! :cool:
Great pictures too! The reveal carved piece turned out nice thumbsup01
Thanks for sharin' CWN :beerbuddy:
Congrats! :grin:

aloldstuff
03-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Nice hunting. As you are mostly a relic hunter do you normally detect the trees? I don't think I would have thought to do that. Congrats

skrapman
03-15-2012, 07:44 AM
I think that is great that you hunt for a museum,you really do our hobby service, thank you. I too would never think to detect a tree
other than the base. But then again I'm not hunting a battle site. thanks for sharing. :clapping: :perfect10:

Civil War Nut
03-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Nice hunting. As you are mostly a relic hunter do you normally detect the trees? I don't think I would have thought to do that. Congrats
Hidy A. Always when I am around a battle site , I look for the large old dead trees standing and laying on the ground . I would say there are some more in the tree that these came from + another one is a few feet from this one but not as old . I just didnt thank I would find one as soon as I did .

aloldstuff
03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Hidy A. Always when I am around a battle site , I look for the large old dead trees standing and laying on the ground . I would say there are some more in the tree that these came from + another one is a few feet from this one but not as old . I just didnt thank I would find one as soon as I did .

Makes a person wonder if there were soldiers hiding behind the tree

Cheap Thrills
03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow!! Seeking out wounded trees :shocked03: . That never crossed my mind either . Great pictures and another bit of history on this post . Kudos for helping out the museum and having a great time doing it . |:cheering:

tanacat
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I bet people that see me runing my coil up and down trees thank I am a lil crazy . I can just here it now , two kids going down the road ha look at that fool he dont know the ground from the trees , we need what he is smoking .

lol rofl :beerbuddy: That is so funny CWNut!!! ...even people who metal detect might wonder what you're doing lol I will sometimes stick my pinpointer into old hollow trees looking for a cache...

That is soooo cool that you found that bullet :clapping: Thanks so much for sharing & taking the time to carve it out for us to see :yes:

Makes a person wonder if there were soldiers hiding behind the tree

Yeah, I was thinking perhaps it travelled 'through' someone before planting itself in the tree... :-\

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Very cool!! I never thought about hunting a tree. WTG

jkress
03-17-2012, 12:25 AM
:shocked04: That is really something else CWN. <:
I fired bullet logged in an old tree. :smitten: If only the trees could talk. :->

A great big congrats to you for thinking outside the box while detecting. :beerbuddy:

Sal66
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Reminds me of the time I found a Flying Cent in a rotting tree. It was on the ground so it must of been there a long time. Unfortunately it was in very bad shape. Maybe the tree juice had sugar in it. I couldn't tell what kind of tree it was, it was in sections and very rotted.

plehbah
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Now I need to find a woods where people go hunting for werewolves.