PDA

View Full Version : ETrac emulator program

hoser
03-05-2010, 01:55 AM
I came across this and its kinda handy to help teach you about setting up your Etrac. I think its a pretty cool program as you can play with the menu to see how the etrac will react. Only problem the coins are all French or European. can't seen to find one that has US coins. Brian you should look at it as you are planning on getting an ETrac soon.
http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/display.asp?page=E-Trac_Emulator_ZIP
Hope this might help someone else out. GL&HH

angellionel
03-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the info, Bill. The emulator is definitely worth using to help E-Trac users become acquainted with the different settings, tones, and Fe/Co numbers. thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
03-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Bill. The emulator is definitely worth using to help E-Trac users become acquainted with the different settings, tones, and Fe/Co numbers. thumbsup01

The SE emulator is quite a bit of fun also . I'm thinking I should try the E-Trac emulator just to get a little taste of E-Trac world. One thing for sure virtual reality is certainly a bit easier on the shoulder.

Baba

Jason in Enid
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I found US coins, rings and trash files for the emulator. I think I found them by googling for the E-Trac emulator.

hoser
03-05-2010, 07:31 PM
jason do you have a link? I looked all over and couldn't find one. Maybe I should get back to looking...........EH! :huh: :grin:

Jason in Enid
03-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Sorry. If you PM me your email, I can send them to you. You'll have to be patient though. At the station today, gone to drill this weekend, then on a trip with the wife Mon and Tues.

Sooooooo, I can send them if you can wait.

I think they may have come from the E-Trac owners (private, not company owned) website. Website is pretty useless, except for the emulator stuff.

Epi-hunter
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I have the E-trac US coins, jewelry, and trash. Unfortunately they are on my laptop that died, but I'll see if I can find them elsewhere.

midas
03-06-2010, 08:33 AM
At the site www.thebeepgoeson.com (http://www.thebeepgoeson.com) click on downloads, etrac and you will see the us coins pattern files for the emulator.

Beefcake
03-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I've been playing with that for a couple of months Hoser... Thanks buddy! I have the foreign coin model, and it would be nice to have the American coin model.

hoser
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Brian the zip file is there on that site. Download it. Its awesome! I have been listening to it with headphones on and I for one think it will really help when I get out in the field. thumbsup01

Beefcake
03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Is it me or is the Fe Co numbers off on the emulator... the sounds don't sound as high as I've seen in videos for dimes and quarters... :huh: my Fe's haven't got past 4 on that and Im always seeing like 12- 46 and such on a real detector.

hoser
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Well to tell the truth I didn't even notice. :confused: :embarrassed: Maybe it was set up according to the ground conditions that the guy who made this program was at. I know its probably perfect, but to me it does give me some idea what those coins may sound like. On a side note, this morning I noticed that the snow was gone over my target garden so I took the ET out to see if it could find the targets planted at 7 1/2 - 8 deep. There were times when I used the DFX it just couldn't lock on to them and that was frustrating. The ET however found them right off and the depth was dead on. I'm really gonna like this machine........A LOT! :drool:

The Beep Goes On
04-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Is it me or is the Fe Co numbers off on the emulator... the sounds don't sound as high as I've seen in videos for dimes and quarters... :huh: my Fe's haven't got past 4 on that and Im always seeing like 12- 46 and such on a real detector.

Hi folks,

I checked the Emulator and found that the tones did sound a bit low. I checked Variability and Limits (Audio -> Tone ID) and found that they were not set to maximum. The definitions for both are:

Tone ID Variability
Range: 1–30
Factory Preset: 25
Variability controls how much the audio pitch will change depending on target characteristics. A high Variability setting results in a maximum variation of pitch from target to target. A high Variability can aid in identifying targets in close proximity to one another, and is recommended when using a complex Discrimination Pattern.
A low Variability setting results in a minimum variation of pitch from target to target. With a low Variability, target information is compromised, but the target response will be more consistent. This is recommended for users new to multi tone detectors, or if you are using an ‘All Metal’ Discrimination Pattern.
Note: Even though you may still adjust the Variability when the No. of Tones is set to 1, it will not have any effect on the target audio response.
(manual, p. 67)

Tone ID Limits
Range: 1–30
Factory Preset: 30
Limit allows you to adjust the maximum audio pitch of all tones emitted for Tone ID Sounds; Ferrous and Conduct. Limits is only available if the Number of Tones is set to Multi. A high Limit setting will allow E-Trac to produce very high pitched target signals as well as low pitched.
Minelab recommends setting the Limit control to the highest tone you are comfortable with. Use a highly conductive object, such as a large silver coin, to test your Limits setting.
(manual, p. 68)

After I set both to 30 the dimes and quarters sounded like they should (higher pitch). I used my US Coins target file to test this.

A lot of the big silver is in the low FE range, but the smaller silver and pennies fall on or near the FE12 line, a least for the coins I tested.

This is a slightly padded pattern made from the US_Coins data.

http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/images/us_coins.gif

HH!
Beep

KINCUMBER
04-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Hi, John here in Australia. Does anyone know where I can find an E-trac Emulator with Australian coins that I can download?

The Beep Goes On
04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi, John here in Australia. Does anyone know where I can find an E-trac Emulator with Australian coins that I can download?

Hi John - I haven't seen one specifically for Australian coins for the E-Trac, but the files are not too hard to create if you're so inclined. A file does exist for the Explorer II and SE, but not the E-Trac (yet).

HH!
Beep

KINCUMBER
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Beep, Many thanks, I will give it try. Cheers John

hoser
04-24-2010, 09:26 PM
John how much different are your coins there from ours? I'll bet the combo of both the Frence coins and US will get you there. It really is a cool program. :yes:

The Beep Goes On
04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
I looked at the ExII and SE files and there was no indication of who did them...Max may have done them himself. If you unzip the SE file and compare it to an unzipped E-Trac file you will see the text files (infos.txt). These are what need to be changed. Test each coin with the E-Trac (or find published E-Trac TID info for Australian coins) and modify each text file. Then zip the file and drop it in the datazips directory and see if it works. This would be the fastest way to gen the file, but you have to stick with the targets in the original file unless you want to take pics, etc.

This (for the SE) =>
name=1 cent copper
cond=28
fer=3

...would become this (I'm guessing on the coordinates) =>
name=1 cent copper
fer=12
cond=46

HH!
Beep

Ripper
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
If you check out the minelabownersforum.com the us coins can be downloaded. You must register first.