PDA

View Full Version : Found some things.....Lost some things

RobW
03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
I played hookie from work Wednesday afternoon. It was such a nice day! I headed into Springfield, MA to try my luck. I sent Angel a text message, but he was unable to meet up, Al and Tim were both at work...so I was solo. I found a spot that looked promising. Was at it for awhile, nothing but clad...but I kept at it..then....an odd signal...I dug my plug....first found 2 zincolns...then a nail....thought that was all, then... :shocked03:...an 1898 Indian :peace:...all in the same hole..granted they weren't together. I then used Angel's method of circling the find (this really works and I recommend everyone do it)...the area was really trashy...but in circling I managed an 1916 Merc :happydance01:.

I kept working the area and managed a few wheats, an old locket, and a lot of clad.

As I was wrapping up, my wife called to say she was on her way home. I had thought it was one of her later nightsa and wasn't planning on her coming home, and if she knew I was out detecting and not at work :behave:. However, it being a work day, my cell phone kept ringing on me and of course I had to call Al at work and rub in my finds :poke:. Apparently in taking my phone in and out of my pocket, I had lost my keys >:# >{. I retraced my steps and couldn't find them :hairpulling: I called my wife and told her that I might need her to go home and get my spare set and drive them out to Springfield to me...but I didn't tell her what I was doing there (As I am in Springfield a lot for work). I retraced my steps again...and found my keys <:...it only took about 45 min 8/...I called my wife to tell her I found my keys...I raced home and got there before my wife did, washed my hands and changed back into my work clothes before she got home....she was none the wiser :grin:

And I did not use my new camera for the pic...left that in the office...but I had to get this posted before I forgot to. lol

silversearcher
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
8/ Did you use the md to find the keys rofl
Al and I were at work, but we had a good laugh at your expense. :poke:
nice finds , especially the keys rofl

RobW
03-16-2012, 09:15 AM
8/ Did you use the md to find the keys rofl
Al and I were at work, but we had a good laugh at your expense. :poke:
nice finds , especially the keys rofl

No, I didn't use the detector I thought it would be easy to spot since they would be on top of the ground and I have a red swiss army knife attached...but it was sssoooo trashy...they just blended in

Yeah, there were a few moments I would have traded my finds for my keys :yes:

angellionel
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Very nice digs Rob! A bit hard to tell, but the Indian Head looks like it has great details on it and little or no corrosion. :clapping:

aloldstuff
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
See what calling me and rubbing it in gets ya. Lost keys and an almost beating from the wife. Glad you were able to get the keys and home in time. Nice merc and IH

RobW
03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Very nice digs Rob! A bit hard to tell, but the Indian Head looks like it has great details on it and little or no corrosion. :clapping:

Thanks, and yeah, not too bad of shape...it was literally inches from the road, about 3-4 inches down

CODY
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey Rob, about the wife, If your scared, say your scared! Hahaha, just kidding! Congrats on some great finds in what sounds like a rough place, HH

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice story, congrats on the Indian and Merc. Sometimes little white lies are best to keep the peace with the better half. Been there done that. HH

randy
03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Congrats on the oldies :smitten:

JTGOLD
03-16-2012, 05:36 PM
nice finds,wtg.

MassDirtFisher
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Congrats on the Silver and IH penny!! Sweet digging!! Happy Hunting!!

Rob L
03-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Congrats on the coins. Indians and Mercurys are always welcome in my pouch. :yes: