PDA

View Full Version : American Digger

Cheap Thrills
03-16-2012, 09:23 PM
:thumbsdown: :barf:

plehbah
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I am worried about getting permission now.

Ill Digger
03-25-2012, 03:27 AM
:rolleyes: Oh great.
I gotta watch it now. :rolleyes:

Dick Stout
03-25-2012, 02:32 PM
You can watch the full episode here....

http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/klx0mi/american-digger-ice-cold-gold-season-1-ep-101

ds
www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com)

del
03-25-2012, 02:37 PM
You can watch the full episode here....

http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/klx0mi/american-digger-ice-cold-gold-season-1-ep-101

ds
www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com)

i'm curious to know what your thoughts and reservations are about this and the other shows out there Mr.Stouts??

Dan

Dick Stout
03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Posted my thoughts couple of days ago under Latest News link....

Dick Stout
03-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Del, a copy of my post.....

AMERICAN DIGGERS DISAPPOINTS BIG TIME

Well last night I sat down with a glass of red to watch the premier of American Diggers on Spike TV. As I expected it was pretty bad. In fact it was worse than I had imagined. If I remember right there was a Jim Carey movie titled &quot:grin:umb and Dumber. American Diggers can best be described and dumb, dumber and dumbest.

Not sure where to start with my criticism, and maybe I should just tell you not to waste your time watching the rest of the episodes.....?

First the main characater, Rick Savage, should have stuck with wrestling. Acting, and that's all it was, is not his forte. Then again if you were looking for someone to act stupid, he did a pretty good job.

The first episode took place in Alaska, and you would think that perhaps they there were there to strike it rich...find gold. Nope. They were going there to see what the miners from the gold rush era might have dropped....? Who came up with that idea? Of course it was snowing (added drama), the ground was fozen (no problem), and they weren't exactly greeted with open arms by land owners.

Probably the worse part of the show was when they started digging items like a bear trap, an old saw blade, an auger and an old gold pan. From my perspective they might have been worth $50 total (if you turned them in for scrap metal). Instead they fetched (as in far fetched) almost $6,000 (What a bunch of BS..). Jeez, come on Spike TV, how stupid do you think your viewers are? No, never mind, I am afraid of the answer....

I wish I could offer some hope to those of us who really enjoy this pastime, but the preview of next week's show looked even worse. Rick and company were in a big city housing development using a jackhammer to find their next treasure.....

PHOTO
Giuseppe Savage, Rue Shumate, Ric Savage and Bob Buttafuso

Folks if this is reality TV, I prefer fantasy. At least I know it's make believe. American Diggers is contrived, fake, phony and not at all flattering to our pastime. The only consolation is perhaps the fact that since the show was so bad, no one will bother to watch the rest of the episodes, sparing us any further embarrassment.

In case you missed it you can view the entire episode here. Don't say I didn't warn you....

del
03-25-2012, 03:03 PM
i wished i read your review before i watched it lol lol it was horrible . thanks for posting your thoughts Dick.

Dan

Toadman
03-26-2012, 07:25 PM
i DON'T KNOW AYTHING ABOUT THE RELICS THEY FOUND, BUT I KNEW THE PRICES WERE way HIGH.. THE PRODUCERS MUST FIND SOMEONE UN-SMART TO BE PREPARED TO BUY THIS JUNK, WAY IN ADVANCE OF THE SHOW..

Yes, un-smart is a word !! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

BOWSER
03-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I refuse to watch anymore of this dribble

Sal66
03-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi all! I don't even think a petition against the show is necessary. It should Tank on its own, hopefully soon.
The only show I liked that was awhile ago was that show with the attractive woman that traveled America to places like the Arkansas State Park, Gold Panning in Cali, Minerals finding etc... Remember that show? What was it called ?

del
03-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Hi all! I don't even think a petition against the show is necessary. It should Tank on its own, hopefully soon.
The only show I liked that was awhile ago was that show with the attractive woman that traveled America to places like the Arkansas State Park, Gold Panning in Cali, Minerals finding etc... Remember that show? What was it called ?

Sal that was called the best places to find cash and treasures with Becky Worley

POKIE73
03-29-2012, 06:23 AM
i will have to admit i looked forward to seeing but after two shows it just keeps getting dumber and dumber it will give the hobby a black eye to a lot of people but i think it will be short lived at i hope dennis

Rob L
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I watched it last night .What a bummer, This guy savage is what I call an idiot. The biggest problem with it I think is , people are going to think that all detectorist are realy making big bucks. They will be hesitant to let us detect there property. I agree that the stuff that they got in Alaska was junk. I hope the series is canned!

Sal66
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know what they saying on that other MD site ? Do I have to say which one I'm talking about ? I'm sure they aren't happy either. Metal Detectorists have tried for a long time to gain respect from the Archeological Community for years and then this crap comes out ! >:/ ( no pun intended ).

zachattack
03-30-2012, 09:39 AM
I believe that this show is going to create problems....

This is just like Ghost Hunters ....when that show came on, every Tom, Dick and Harry decided that they were paranormal experts. Now these groups are everywhere.

It's ok for people to get into the hobby....quite obviously. The problem is that there are going to be people coming out of the woodwork, thinking that they are going to strike it rich quickly. This is the wrong frame of mind. I have a feeling that people will get careless and leave trash.......holes....etc....etc.

This is just my opinion, but I feel that people are going to have unrealistic expectations and anyone who allows someone to hunt on their land will be standing there watching them like a hawk in order to get their cut of the massive profits on a 1955 wheat cent and a junk pouch full of old iron and aluminum.

There is also the potential for a ton of laws to be passed prohibiting metal detecting in city limits, etc.

AAAARGGGGGGHHHHH \:hammer: >:( >8)

kagarise
03-30-2012, 01:39 PM
i'll have to check that out when i get home

nat geo just did a special with one of my buddies ron

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/national-geographic-channel/specials-1/history-events/ngc-treasure-on-the-thames/

so at least theres something getting us good PR

Epi-hunter
03-31-2012, 10:25 AM
I saw it for the first time this morning (yes, I had already made up my mind before seeing the show). Seeing it only reinforced everything.

This episode was two really stupid, crass, loud, fat and slobby guys digging up an old lot. They used huge shovels and were digging items the size of large automobile parts. They broke a PVC water line and illustrated in detail how to put a piece of tape over the pipe and re-bury it... good as new. My 11 year old daughter, who knows how to metal detect responsibly, watched it with mouth agape. 8/ What a bunch of idiots.

zachattack
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I saw it for the first time this morning (yes, I had already made up my mind before seeing the show). Seeing it only reinforced everything.

This episode was two really stupid, crass, loud, fat and slobby guys digging up an old lot. They used huge shovels and were digging items the size of large automobile parts. They broke a PVC water line and illustrated in detail how to put a piece of tape over the pipe and re-bury it... good as new. My 11 year old daughter, who knows how to metal detect responsibly, watched it with mouth agape. 8/ What a bunch of idiots.

:perfect10:

Well said! hahaha

Mudder
04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I have to agree with all of you. Watched one episode and said that was enough of that, there were several holes that I missed digging wasting my time on that . :sleepy:

tanacat
04-16-2012, 07:19 AM

Yes, well said Angie thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

My hubby and I were like that too- mouths opened in disbelief during the intro... :shocked04:

The bulldozers, the shovels slinging mud, the dynamite explosions with the 4 guys running towards the camera... :rolleyes: I have to agree with what Dick said about Rick Savage-- that he should've stuck with wrestling.

The episode where they busted the water pipe and fixed it w/duct tape >:/ That made me mad- make general public worry about this possibly happening in their yards when we ask permission to detect...

And it really irks me how they dig their holes, by slinging the pic ax into the ground. It's like they are trying too hard to be 'manly'.

dig-here
04-21-2012, 11:00 AM
these guys are going to ruin it for everyone ! This show stinks :barf:

hotrodryder
04-22-2012, 11:29 AM
But didn't you love the one where they magically dammed up a river temporarily with railroad ties and rocks in just a little time and proceeded to find Cherokee relics in the river? Their truck must be akin to Mary Poppin's carpetbag. Too bad that terrifying, man eating cougar wasn't hungry when they stumbled on it.

tanacat
04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Too bad that terrifying, man eating cougar wasn't hungry when they stumbled on it.

First thing that came to my mind was that they 'borrowed' a tame one from a local wildlife rehab center lol

Snapolson
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
At least they asked permission before just diggin!!! lol