PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick brings me a Copper!

MassDirtFisher
03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Today was a great day to get out and do some detecting. I really needed to score something, I did not want to let down Rob, or Al.
Who both could not go hunting today. So I stayed local. I hit a few spots, the first spot was clad city, I scored over 5 dollars and a squashed junk ring. Then I hit the field where we have scored coppers and silvers in the past. I was not getting to much for hits in relic mode, so I turned a super obnoxious program on, that sounds like rock and roll on fast forward with white noise. After a half hour of Iron, and small scraps of metal, I got a hit , it was reading funny, but repeatable....And to my surprise it was a copper on edge. Unreal, thank you St. Patrick....Its a CT Copper...Decent Details, on the reverse too, but I wont touch it. To scared to mess it up. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!!

Cheap Thrills
03-17-2012, 03:23 PM
It's Karma for that great Irish toast you posted . |:cheering: Great find and nice pictures . Happy St. Patricks Day . My wife is working on our Corned Beef and Cabbage feast now :yes: . :beerbuddy:

MassDirtFisher
03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
It's Karma for that great Irish toast you posted . |:cheering: Great find and nice pictures . Happy St. Patricks Day . My wife is working on our Corned Beef and Cabbage feast now :yes: . :beerbuddy:

Happy St. Patricks Day!! Yummy :->

tanacat
03-17-2012, 05:19 PM
What a great Happy St. Patty's day surprise! |:cheering:

Congrats on the copper :clapping: I've only found 2 during almost 3 yrs serious hunting :thinkingabout:

That sounds like a great feast Baba :yes:

aloldstuff
03-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Nice score Tim. I know how much you like to dig history and that is a very nice looking copper. Super congrats, thats the 4th copper out of that spot.....

MassDirtFisher
03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Nice score Tim. I know how much you like to dig history and that is a very nice looking copper. Super congrats, thats the 4th copper out of that spot.....

Al, there are many more there for us to find.

What a great Happy St. Patty's day surprise! |:cheering:

Congrats on the copper :clapping: I've only found 2 during almost 3 yrs serious hunting :thinkingabout:

That sounds like a great feast Baba :yes:
Indeed it was a great surprise, made my St. Patricks Day!!

POKIE73
03-17-2012, 07:27 PM
congrats on your finds dennis

del
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
very sweet copper Tim :smitten: :smitten: hey if you post a nice clear front and revers i might be able to id the variety , although it looks like the dreaded 1787 type :rolleyes: (241 different varieties :hairpulling: :girlcry: lol lol)

Dan

MassDirtFisher
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
congrats on your finds dennis

Thanks Dennis!! Its always great digging up some history.

MassDirtFisher
03-17-2012, 07:33 PM
very sweet copper Tim :smitten: :smitten: hey if you post a nice clear front and revers i might be able to id the variety , although it looks like the dreaded 1787 type :rolleyes: (241 different varieties :hairpulling: :girlcry: lol lol)

Dan

Will do, I will try to gently run some water over it and post a better picture for you to gander at. :shocked03:

Thanks for your info and help Dan, its always appreciated. :beerbuddy:

JTGOLD
03-17-2012, 10:09 PM
nice copper,wtg.

MassDirtFisher
03-17-2012, 10:11 PM
nice copper,wtg.

Thank you. :beerbuddy:

CODY
03-18-2012, 05:34 AM
WTG!!!! Congrats thumbsup01 Wish we had old coins like that down here. You keep diggin them, I'll keep admiring them! :peace:

Fire Fighter 43
03-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Congrats on the copper and a nice hunt. |:cheering:

CTDirtFisher
03-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Nice Connecticut Copper you got there Tim :-) Grats !!

MassDirtFisher
03-18-2012, 01:30 PM
WTG!!!! Congrats thumbsup01 Wish we had old coins like that down here. You keep diggin them, I'll keep admiring them! :peace:

Thanks Cody, Happy Hunting!!

MassDirtFisher
03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Congrats on the copper and a nice hunt. |:cheering:

Thank you Very much!!

Nice Connecticut Copper you got there Tim :-) Grats !!

I love Coppers!! Always nice digs!! Thanks Paul!!

Rob L
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
:envious:That copper looks like it has a lot of detail. It must have been dropped when it was fairly new.

MassDirtFisher
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
:envious:That copper looks like it has a lot of detail. It must have been dropped when it was fairly new.

The obverse is pretty nice, the reverse is going to take some work. Im going to wait until I get some coin conditioner.

RobW
03-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Very nice! :clapping:

Wish I could have joined ya

DennisH
03-19-2012, 02:47 PM
A super old great condition coin, WTG!!!!

MassDirtFisher
03-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Very nice! :clapping:

Wish I could have joined ya

There is always a next time. Dont you worry. We are going to score huge somewhere.

A super old great condition coin, WTG!!!!

I was happy to set that coin from the dirt prison after its 200+ year sentence. Thanks Dennis!!