PDA

View Full Version : Old silver bracelet, confusing

OxShoeDrew
03-18-2012, 04:56 AM
A long number and two names are engraved on front of this bracelet. The back says Love Viola. Any idea what the long number is all about? This person must have loved to play the viola as they mention it. :grin: (sorry)

CODY
03-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Sorry, I can't help you. Very interesting. These type finds are what I love about MDing. What is the number about, who are what is viola, who dropped it, when, why? :wow: So many things to think about. Congrats on a Sweet find.

Jason in Enid
03-18-2012, 08:02 AM
I think it's one full name on the front, unless there is something I can't see in the pic. The number might be a service member's number. Could have been a gift to a deploying soldier / sailor.

Fire Fighter 43
03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Very interesting find. Sorry I can't help you with the number I.D.

OxShoeDrew
03-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I think it's one full name on the front, unless there is something I can't see in the pic. The number might be a service member's number. Could have been a gift to a deploying soldier / sailor.

That's it Jason, thanks! I saw some very similar. |:confused:) :clapping:
Edit- the number was issued to a US serviceman in 1940. Which makes sense as the house was built in 1934. I'll check the 1940 census when it becomes public in April.

Rob L
03-18-2012, 04:09 PM
:grin: No Idea what the number could mean. Maybe you should play it in the lottery, who knows it may come up. Nice find .