PDA

View Full Version : 1909 IH, silver, Buffalo, and wheats

sniffy
03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Just got my package from Whites. Got the new Royal GT headphones, and a nice blazer jacket with the whites logo on the front...some hardware and a couple velcro straps. ANyhow, seeing the contents of the box really drove me into a metal detecting frenzy. I really didnt' have alot of time to go deep into the woods to my cellar hole sites......what was I to do? MY OWN YARD! yes sir...I've been waiting for the ground to soften up a bit so I could do it, and the upper 40's here made it just soft enough to penetrate. A month or so ago I chipped out a 52 rosie so I knew that this yard would produce. My first target was the IH I didnt' know what the date was until I came in...but when I seen the 1909 I crossed my fingers and hoped for the S no S. Still a key date. And to top this little yard extravaganza...I dug my first Buffalo! Pretty cool! The wheats are 1912, 1916, and a 1926. I didnt' even get to do the other part of the yard yet, the snow drifts are way to deep....there's still about 3-4 inches in the shallow spots.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2010, 06:29 PM
pretty cool coins jess! sure you'll pulla few more goodies out of there by time your finished! thumbsup01

sniffy
03-05-2010, 06:32 PM
pretty cool coins jess! sure you'll pulla few more goodies out of there by time your finished! thumbsup01
I used your cleaning technique for the silver and buffalo...came out pretty clean!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2010, 06:33 PM
cool they look great! thumbsup01 any word on tomorrow yet? mikey wants to go somewhere so...maybe a 3 musketeer hunt?

del
03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
ya it must be pretty cool to dig coins like that out of your own yard ;) very nice Jesse

thumbsup01 any word on tomorrow yet? mikey wants to go somewhere so...maybe a 3 musketeer hunt?

are ya sure your up for the compitition Dave :kiss: :kiss: :tongue:

Epi-hunter
03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Very nice coins!! And in your own yard -- I would love to have a detectable yard! That buffalo is in great shape thumbsup01

angellionel
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Very nice finds, Sniffy. I imagine you will find more once the ground thaws. thumbsup01

xzlr8n
03-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice finds. Right out your door too, that's cool 8). How did you clean the Buffalo, I've some crappy ones that I found and would like to clean up??

coinnut
03-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey nice hunt and you didn't even have to spend any money on gas lol Three musketeers?? :confused: I hope you guys aint wearing them tights too rofl That will keep people away for sure...and the coppers too :huh:

sniffy
03-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice finds. Right out you door too, that's cool 8). How did you clean the Buffalo, I've some crappy ones that I found and would like to clean up??
I actually let it soak in hot peroxide, cleaned it with q-tips, and then used wrights anti tarnish silver polish. I did the same thing to the dimes, minus the peroxide. This nickle was almost black when I dug it.

sniffy
03-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey nice hunt and you didn't even have to spend any money on gas lol Three musketeers?? :confused: I hope you guys aint wearing them tights too rofl That will keep people away for sure...and the coppers too :huh:
GEEEESH! :shocked04:stretcher: I didn't realize me parading around in tights was scaring off the coppers...dang!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
ya it must be pretty cool to dig coins like that out of your own yard ;) very nice Jesse

i'm up for anything! thumbsup01

coinnut
03-05-2010, 10:24 PM

i'm up for anything! thumbsup01

You are up for anything?? Even them tights? lol lol rofl rofl rofl rofl :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

del
03-06-2010, 04:47 AM
lol Three musketeers?? :confused: I hope you guys aint wearing them tights too rofl That will keep people away for sure...and the coppers too :huh:

AAAAAWWWW , i didn't need that mental picture of those three dressed like that Coinnut . :shocked04: :bangahead01: :bop: lol lol

sniffy
03-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Dave mentioned that he wanted to get glamour shots taken in black and white...I don't know about this guy sometimes.

John M
03-06-2010, 08:27 AM
You can't beat digging nice stuff out of your yard,I have gotten a few nice items that way.

tanacat
03-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Too cool -finding those in your own yard! thumbsup01 My hubby is too obsessed with our perfect grass, not 'allowed' to hunt my own yard! lol Our grass is like a pet, seriously...

sniffy
03-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Too cool -finding those in your own yard! thumbsup01 My hubby is too obsessed with our perfect grass, not 'allowed' to hunt my own yard! lol Our grass is like a pet, seriously...
Our grass is patchy, Im tryin to clean all the coins out so I can re-plant this spring. Ill be the same way, my last place the grass was pristeen. I guess its' a man thing.

coinnut
03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Our lawn is the exotic type...you know crab grass, weeds, heck probably even golden rod too. I like it that way. :grin: I can drive my truck back to the shed and not worry about hurting anything. lol Besides, during a drought, who's got the greenest lawn in town? ME rofl

sniffy
03-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Our lawn is the exotic type...you know crab grass, weeds, heck probably even golden rod too. I like it that way. :grin: I can drive my truck back to the shed and not worry about hurting anything. lol Besides, during a drought, who's got the greenest lawn in town? ME rofl
I was the same way for the longest time, I'd do hole shots through the yard with my KX 125 throwin rooster tails to the roof. I guess this may be a sign...am I getting older? Green grass that you grew yourself is peaceful almost. Just like the alphalpha sprouts I have on my kitchen sink. I guess I have a green thumb.