PDA

View Full Version : Second Test - Member Finds Banner

angellionel
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
We are now testing another banner for displaying member finds. This particular banner is an improvement from the first one we tested a few days ago.

While this banner is also in the form of a marquee, the images in this banner will be randomized when a page is refreshed or when navigating the forum, thus allowing for all images to be displayed.
The scrolling banner is continuous.
As is the case with the original forum banner, each image is clickable and will open the thread where the find was posted.
The images are larger than those displayed on the original forum banner.
The banner can be advanced left or right while hovering the mouse cursor over the images.
The banner has been tested using six different browsers.

The banner is comprised of three parts, each containing 8 images, for a total of 24. The third banner has slots open waiting for new finds to add. Until then the space is filled with a placeholder.

Hopefully this new banner will work out. Please let us know if you experience any problems during the test phase. We would also appreciate any input, comments and/or suggestions you may have.

Thank you.

MassDirtFisher
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
I think its very nice. Great work. |:cheering:

Lowjiber
03-20-2012, 06:00 AM
It indeed does look very nice. It caught my eye the moment I opened the forum. Good job.

CODY
03-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Looks Great :perfect10: I like it! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-20-2012, 07:23 AM
My eyes went right to it, nice job.

CTDirtFisher
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
|:cheering: Looks great to meet... nice speed... :-)

rsarge1
03-20-2012, 08:00 AM
[size=5]Awesome works as advertised LOL

angellionel
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Glad to hear that the news! Of course, observations and comments from others would be very helpful.

I'm aware that not everyone is crazy about rotating or scrolling banners, but we need to consider such when one needs to properly feature a large number of member finds. We are just trying to make things better here for all.

Please let us know if you experience any problems with the banner.

Thanks everyone.

Fire Fighter 43
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Nice work Angel it looks great on my iPad browser.

angellionel
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Nice work Angel it looks great on my iPad browser.

Thanks Jeff. I'm glad to hear it!

So no one else has an opinion on the banner?

randy
03-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Looks good on my very old version of Firefox |:cheering:. I don't really like the placeholders amongst the real finds, so get out there people and make some killer finds :poke: :poke:

angellionel
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks to everyone who commented or provided input.

We have decided to continue using the new scrolling banner we have been testing, replacing the static banner we had in place for some time.

SeabeeRon
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Looks great Angi, Angel and All!

Merc
03-24-2012, 06:35 AM
I think it looks fantastic. :perfect10: A great way to show finds.