PDA

View Full Version : Why Did Finding Clad Make Me Excited?

Bell-Two
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Yep it is nothing but clad but boy oh boy I am happy, why you ask? Well it was my first hunt in 6 weeks and first since my hip replacement. My walking has gotten much better in the last few days and I was moping around the house reading all the great posts and watching the videos of all the fantastic finds my friends were making. Now don't get me wrong I am excited and happy for all of you but you know it just made me more itchy to get out there. Diane saw how I was feeling and she said let's go out, you swing the coil and I will dig for you....wow what a sweet girl! So that is what we did for about an hour which was about as long as I could go. We went down to a local modern park because I knew we would find something there. Ended up with a quarter, dime, 4 copper memorials, 1 Canadian penny and a zink. It felt good I was able to pinpoint everything right on for her and even told her what would be there lol....well except for the Canadian! Here is a picture of my Magnificent Finds :cheesysmile:

Picture of my finds and one of me doing my happy dance!

aloldstuff
03-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Been waiting for this post. Nice to see that you can swing and that you have acquired a new digger (Diane). Now as far as the happy dance goes, I'm thinking you should be slowing it down a bit. Congrats on your recovery and your finds.

CODY
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
:wow: Congrats on getting out swinging. I can only imagine how you must have been choppin at the bits. Congrats on your hunt and finds. We will all be looking forward to your hunts and finds.

Fire Fighter 43
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Glad to see your back on your feet and swinging. I know how you feel after shoulder surgery in Dec I was wonder how it would feel the first time out. so far so good. Now just do not over do it. good Luck this season and HH

POKIE73
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
nice to see you get out it will be no time you will be back to making those videos we all enjoy congrats on your recovery and your finds oh and congrats on the great partner in life you got there looks like she is a keeper dennis

bob_e99
03-21-2012, 06:50 AM
All the best with your new hip and glad to see you can get out detecting again. I know how just finding targets can be so gratifying after not doing it for any length of time.

Again, speedy recovery and many good hunts.

Tony Two-Cent
03-21-2012, 11:37 AM
So glad to hear that your recovery is coming along, Tony! It is great news that you were able to go detecting! Just take it slow, follow doctor's orders and don't push yourself too hard. You'll be back out there finding large cents and silver coins in no time! :yes:

Cheap Thrills
03-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Good to see you able to enjoy detecting again take care and be careful . |:cheering:

Ill Digger
03-22-2012, 01:55 AM
You probably haven't been this happy to see a little clad in so long! :yes: rofl
Hey! Good for you Tony! I'm glad to see you were able to do a little swingin'! thumbsup01
That Diane is a good woman! :yes: :perfect10: What a trooper!
Congrats! :grin:

plehbah
03-22-2012, 01:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with cheap thrills, my friend.

JTGOLD
03-22-2012, 07:50 PM
great to see you back at it,good job.