PDA

View Full Version : Permission Letters

johnboy11171
03-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know were I can find Permission letters to metal detect at? I got asked by the police if I had permission to be metal detecting were I was.I said I had verbal and he said it would be better if I had it in writing.
Thank you
John

coinnut
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I haven't needed one yet but I would include something simple like : permission is granted for (Name) to be on property located at______________until further revoked. Signed ___________________ and maybe a pnone number ___________ if they agree to it. If you make it too complicated, they may worry about it and not give it to you.

RickO
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I have never been asked for one, but if needed, I would stick to the basics as outlined above. First I have heard of the constabulary asking for this. RickiO

CBnKansas
03-13-2010, 09:13 AM
If he did not require it then you don't need it? I wonder if he was thinking it would be good if someone called to complain about you? I agree with the post above that if you make up a letter then make it simple. People worry about signing things. I worked with a guy who used to get people to change no to yes by pulling out a note pad and asking for their names and their supervisors names with his pen and pad in hand. It was crazy how people would give him what he wanted to avoid having their names written down.

Good luck!

cb