PDA

View Full Version : etrac back from minelab

brother steve
03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Got my etrac back from Minelab yesterday. Setting on the porch waiting for me. The no sounds without headphones was from a bad solder joint on the speaker. Sounds lke an easy fix, but with the warranty I did not want to take a chance. Anyways they checked it all out and everything was good. Took it out this morning for a 2 hr hunt and pulled a 1913 wheatie out at 10 inches. Found a 56 wheatie at 9 inches. I would say it is running normal. Need some silver to totally evaluate the repair. :perfect10:

POKIE73
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
had mine for about 3 weeks so far i just love it i have found some old coins where i hunted for years mostly silver but also some wheats and indians denis

Fire Fighter 43
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Good to see it returned home safely. Good luck on your next hunt and HH

brother steve
03-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Thamks Guy's. Firefighter 43 I was wondering about your chest mount and strait shaft. I need to lighten up, the etrac get heavy after a while.

Fire Fighter 43
03-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Thamks Guy's. Firefighter 43 I was wondering about your chest mount and strait shaft. I need to lighten up, the etrac get heavy after a while.

The straight shaft and chest mount is for my Excal II. I use a Swing Thing on my Etrac. It takes up most of the weight but gets in the way sometimes, usually when I'm digging in the woods with a shovel.