PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL TRAIL HUNT

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Mikey couldn't get out till 9am and could only hunt till noon.this trail runs between 2 colonial homes and the owner of the house said it was an old paper trail?not sure of the definition of a paper trail and what it was used for?
but we worked it and his yard some.
so many targets and not enough time.
at the end of the hunt we thanked the home owner and chatted a bit.come to find out theres an old cellar hole way up the trail :drool:

he said he's lived in the house for 50 years and nobody's ever detected it :shocked04: guess where we are going tomorrow! thumbsup01
dug some clad,6 wheaties ,a musketball,a lead cat and the find of the day for me is this bridle rosette with a old eagle motiff.military perhaps? a shame its so damaged :crying02:
i'm droolin at the possibilty of this cellar hole being a virgin spot :drool:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-06-2010, 03:08 PM
more pics

del
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
not bad Dave , would love to see the rosette good . what i can see it looks like an eagle in flight or flying and under its breast and in front of his talons there appears to be writing but i can't make it out. very cool man thumbsup01 if ya can make out the writing you might be able to figure out if its military .

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-06-2010, 05:52 PM
not bad Dave , would love to see the rosette good . what i can see it looks like an eagle in flight and under its breast and in front of his talons there appears to be writing but i can't make it out. very cool man thumbsup01 if ya can make out the writing you might be able to figure out if its military .

dan its hard to photograph because of the damage to it.but now i have it in the proper position facing camera.
from what i can see looks like the eagle's about to take flight and under his talons is a shield.like he's surf boarding on it :yes: there is no writing and around rim of rosette is a wavy borderline all the way around it.in the 2nd pic just below the shield you can see part of the border line showing.thin squiggly or rolling line.it goes around entire rosette

coinnut
03-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice hunt Dave. thumbsup01 That rosette just screams military lol I hope it is. Either way, a nice find. Lots of targets for just a short hunt. How did the other guys do? Good luck at the new site tomorrow. ;)

John M
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
That place wasn't short on targets and a wide variety.Hopefully the cellar hole pays off for you.

angellionel
03-06-2010, 07:27 PM
That is a very nice looking piece. I wish you more success in tomorrow's hunt! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
That is a beautiful rosette!! I like the lead cat too ;) Sounds like a great opportunity for tomorrow. Looking forward to that post!

coinnut
03-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity for tomorrow. Looking forward to that post!

Oh boy, the pressure is on now Dave lol lol Now it's gotta produce coppers :bangahead01: We are all waiting for the results... DON'T DISAPPOINT US ;) :poke: