PDA

View Full Version : 03-23-12 >>> 2 troy ounces of silver!!!

mdakin
03-24-2012, 05:12 PM
I visited a park with a friend yesterday. He had found 2 silver spoons, and a silver name plate in previous visits. My first good signal of the day was the ornate silver buckle/hair pin. I almost didn't even dig it. I got a nice strong signal, but it was reading a little low. It was near a pretty old tree. Digging was awful, roots everywhere. In fact my signat was under a 2 root. I cut and dug my way to the target and out pops this huge blob of lead. I always re-check my holes, and of course I got another signal. For a second or two I thought, why bother digging up another blob of lead. I'm not exactly sure what kept me digging, but I kept digging under the root, and with one flip of my digger the buckle popped out of the hole. A recheck of the hole showed it held one more signal. I was hoping it was the pin, unfortunately it was another small blob of lead. I can only imagine if that small blob was the 2nd target I recovered from that hole, no silver buckle for sure!!

After that 3 hours my friend had to head home. So after that I headed to an old site that I've pulled a ton of stuff out of. There was a far part of the property that I got started on early in Feb, but couldn't do the top part because the grass was frozen. I hadn't been going much more than 15 minutes when I get this screaming signal. It was reading fairly deep and I fully expected to pull a crushed beer/soda can. Imagine my surprise when I flip the plug, dig a few scoops out and in the bottom of my hole is this HUGE men's id bracelet.

Combined, between the bracelet and the buckle, 2 troy ounces of silver!! wow what a day!!

I've checked 4-5 Hallmark websites and I cannot figure out who's hallmark that is on the back up the buckle. Can anyone find something on it? Date range etc? What's the 64 stand for? Thanks

dalewestaby
03-24-2012, 05:43 PM
WOW WOW WOW, insanly goood finds you lucky duck!!!

POKIE73
03-24-2012, 06:46 PM
great hunt silver is always a plus congrats on your finds dennis

MassDirtFisher
03-24-2012, 06:54 PM
You must like heavy metal, because you rocked that silver today. Congrats and Happy Hunting!!

Tony Two-Cent
03-24-2012, 09:29 PM
I can't help you with the hallmark, but that buckle is absolutely gorgeous and it looks old too. :loveit:

Congrats on the amazing day! :clapping:

CODY
03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
That is some sweet haul of silver. Congrats. HH |:cheering:

jkress
03-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Wow... now that is some serious silver. :smitten:
Awesome finds mdakin. :clapping: Not sure which of the two pieces I like better. :drool:
A big congrats.

coop
03-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Awesome thumbsup01

starman2
03-25-2012, 08:39 AM
:perfect10:! Great silver finds! Maybe the 64 is the year it was made? Anyway, Congrats!! |:cheering:

del
03-25-2012, 03:12 PM
:loveit: wow , beautiful Victorian era sash buckle Matt |:cheering: |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
:wow: An ounce of silver, that is agreat hunt WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Starts with lead and ends with silver.....great hunting. That sash buckle looks fantastic. Congrats