PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with Terry in RI,Dan & Sniffy*copper!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Well me & sniffy got an invite to head down to meet Terry & Dan for some cellar hole hunting. things were rough for the 1st half of day as these sites were hit pretty hard.one plain large button from the trip south.
Sniffy had a committment so,we had to cut out early.
when we reached my area sniff said he had about an hour to kill and asked if anything was around we could hunt for an hour or so.I had a site we could spend an hour at so we went for it.very quiet pretty much near the cellar hole but I fanned way out and hit a little hot spot.
a 1739? King George II copper,a congregational pin,a nice designed gold gilted colonial cloaker or dandy button,a childs spoon bowl,smashed thimble & a old junk ring with glass pearls set in it.
Was nice to finally meet Terry.thanks for the invite!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
more pics

del
03-24-2012, 06:05 PM
hey Dave it was nice to see you and Jesse again :beerbuddy: congrats on the King George and the relics . looks like 39 to me

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2012, 06:27 PM
hey Dave it was nice to see you and Jesse again :beerbuddy: congrats on the King George and the relics . looks like 39 to me

as always Dan a pleasure to hunt with you.Just finds were sparse that's for sure.did ya end up getting to a better site? any luck?

OxShoeDrew
03-24-2012, 07:13 PM
wow, I never saw one of those cloaks with gilt. The coin is obviously very nice too. I just read your article in the magazine,nice job.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
wow, I never saw one of those cloaks with gilt. The coin is obviously very nice too. I just read your article in the magazine,nice job.

thanks Drew! yeah the dandy's hardly ever come out with gilt on em.what magazine? western & eastern?

Toadman
03-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Love them old coppers ! |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

skrapman
03-25-2012, 06:23 AM
that sure was a sweet spot dave, some very nice finds. :clapping: What is the brass object right above the thimble in the last picture? :dontknow: I've found a few of those and I hear people call them different things.Thanks mike

Merc
03-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Very nice hunt Dave! The cloaker is sweet with gilt and all.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-25-2012, 09:38 AM
that sure was a sweet spot dave, some very nice finds. :clapping: What is the brass object right above the thimble in the last picture? :dontknow: I've found a few of those and I hear people call them different things.Thanks mike

thanks! not sure what they are called but,I think they are some sort of horse related thingy ma jiggy.reign guide? maybe Dan can officially say what they are? and how old

del
03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
as always Dan a pleasure to hunt with you.Just finds were sparse that's for sure.did ya end up getting to a better site? any luck?

not much Dave or worth posting anyways lol lol

What is the brass object right above the thimble in the last picture? :dontknow: I've found a few of those and I hear people call them different things.Thanks mike

Mike that is a gagloop swivel for a horse harness , they often get confused and miss i.d'ed as a sword hanger or something similar .

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
not much Dave or worth posting anyways lol lol

Mike that is a gagloop swivel for a horse harness , they often get confused and miss i.d'ed as a sword hanger or something similar .

thanks for providing the technical name on that piece Dan! I heard terry finally made it outta the woods huh? with a freindly welcome to boot! rofl

Fire Fighter 43
03-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Congrats on some nice old relics and a great old copper. WTG |:cheering: