PDA

View Full Version : The hunt for the Scythians and Greeks continued

serega
03-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi friends <}. Today I was on a short hunt (4:00)
Location of hunting land - near the beach. I think this site has long been in the area of ​​the beach. But now this land. There are many fertile humus and litter (cork with vodka and beer 8/)
I am now not a lot of finds, there is no Greek coins :dontknow: . But nevertheless I am not empty. Particularly pleased - metal-Scythian (in animal style) I think it is 3-5 century BC. More precisely, our experts will say to the Ukrainian site. Here is information on this subject (include Google translation - it is written in Russian language) http://domongol.su/gallery/image_page.php?image_id=4746
Found a наконечник - good condition (combat for armor)
Seal the 19th century church (lead with the emblem of the Russian Empire) The rest of the trash ..
That's it. More, I have not. I hope the next time the show anymore.
All successful hunting

Tony Two-Cent
03-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Fascinating finds, Serega! Slightly older than what we find here in the States! ;)

I love the Scythian thing, very interesting!

Glad to see you posting finds again! You sure do find some incredible coins and relics there in the Ukraine! thumbsup01

serega
03-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Fascinating finds, Serega! Slightly older than what we find here in the States! ;)

I love the Scythian thing, very interesting!

Glad to see you posting finds again! You sure do find some incredible coins and relics there in the Ukraine! thumbsup01

Yes, Tony)) You are right (slightly older)
There are many reasons. Here are a few
1) In the territory of Ukraine found Leda lives of more than 3,000 years
2) 5 -2 century before our era,,, Scythians and Sarmatians, these two people lived in the neighborhood and waged war (Sarmatians conquered the Scythians drove) Sarmatians lived advantage in the territory of Ukraine, skews more to the south of Russia, the Urals, the Caucasus.
3) In the 6th century BC on the territory of trying to sow Kemer (Persian) - they beat the Sarmatians. The Persians (Kemer) left
4) 1 - 2nd century AD, the invasion of the Huns (Atila) was destroyed by the entire coast of the Black Sea (north side)
5) The invasion of the Romans and the foundation of the Roman garrisons. The war with local tribes.
6) At the beginning of our era the territory of Ukraine was almost empty (destroyed)

7) The base of Kiev and Kievan Rus.
8) Control of Russia - Golden Horde
9) Loss of control over the territory of Ukraine
10) Trying to learn territoriiyu nomadic tribes (Pechenegs Cumans, endless petty wars.
11) Settlement of the territory fugitive from Russia,
12) The base Zaporozhye Sich and the troops ...
13) War of Ukrainian Cossacks against Poland, Turkey, Crimea (simultaneously) in the 17th century Ukrainian army was considered the strongest in Europe ...
14) Please enter a part of Russia. (The army could not stand a blow from 3 sides at once)
15) 1654 part of the Russian Empire
16) The defeat of the Swedes Russian Tsar Peter 1 (Poltava)
17) The war against the Russian Empire in Turkey
18) active hostilities in 1941 -1944

Exit from the USSR in 1991 (( I hope soon we will get back to Russia
Ukraine can not be infinite buffer military

Fire Fighter 43
03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Nice finds Serega!! It always amazes me at the date range of finds from your area. Thanks for the history lesson it was very interesting. |:cheering:

aloldstuff
03-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Nice piece of history you posted. Glad to see you are out and about, still on your scooter?? Looking forward to your next post.

serega
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Nice piece of history you posted. Glad to see you are out and about, still on your scooter?? Looking forward to your next post.

yes scooter <}