PDA

View Full Version : buttons and more buttons

skrapman
03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
With the weather threatening all day I decided to stay near the truck just incase.So i hit a 4 acre field I know of. The house was torn
down a couple of years ago.There are stone walls all over the place so this must have been a larger farm in it's day. It seems all I was digging today was buttons.13 in all. Two stand out that I particularly like. the field gave up a few colonial buttons as well.
Absolutely no coins came from the field yet, I was a little surprised but I only swung 1/3 rd of the field so far.

skrapman
03-25-2012, 04:23 PM
>

MassDirtFisher
03-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Nice looking finds. From the looks of the place there are some coins there to be found. Congrats on the great relics. Best of luck on future hunts. Happy Hunting!!

Toadman
03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Awesome site ! I'd take a day like that anytime....... |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
That is a good looking spot. Private? You are going to have many productive hunts there. Merc tells me that the round thing that looks like an oar holder is a rein turret. It holds the rope on carriages. I found one of those garter clip looking things this week. :dontknow: nice colonial shoe buckle part too. A little bit of everything today, good luck on return trips.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-25-2012, 07:41 PM
nice digs! you'll get a couple coins outta that place for sure.keep workin it! |:cheering:

Rob L
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Congrats on the buttons. Next to coins I like buttons best. But with all those buttons there has to be some coins there also. Keep hunting it.

Fire Fighter 43
03-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Congrats on all the buttons, the two are very interesting WTG |:cheering: