PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated.....

Epi-hunter
03-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I am really down lately.... I want to get out to metal detect but there is just no time. Work is consuming me, and as a single mom, the rest of my time is my kids'. I would not want it any other way, but this time of year gets to me, when I am itching to get out. :) I managed to go out for 45 minutes today but that was it.

Anyone else in my shoes? :-\

coinnut
03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Work always gets in the way. :ticked: My wife and I have been shifting the various business we dabble in, along with seeing our parents (older now :rolleyes:) and having time to work on the house, get to the gym (ya right lol) and see friends, etc... It gets too much, so we finally decided to make one day for each of us. Mine is Saturdays. I work all day Sunday so I can detect all day Saturday and then do not much after that ;) This way it makes the hard work the rest of the week worth it. :yes: You have to PLAN some MANDATORY downtime. That's how we deal with it. :)

del
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
i agree its important to set some time for yourself to relax , forget about everything else for a few hours and recharge the batteries . it does the soul good and makes ya apprieciate the time you share with the loved ones as well :smitten: :yes:. now if i could only get the wife to buy that lol rofl not for me though for her she has been stressed out from work as of lately and the girl doesn't really do anything other than shop or pay bills with her mom and i tell her how relaxing detecting is and that she needs somekind of hobby or girls night out from time to time to forget about the stresses in life . i have a feeling that we'll be doing alot more camping with the kids this year as she does like to sit around the campfire with a smore in one hand and a glass of wine in the other lol lol. :grin:

you need to do something Angie . :yes: ;)

Epi-hunter
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
lol rofl

I love you guys :) You always make me feel better :)

When I was married I could plan for some time off, but now that I am a single mom, I don't have a backup plan. I arranged my work schedule so my on-call, evening and weekend schedules would be on the weeks when I don't have my kids. That's great for family time; leaves no 'me' time. :)

I'm sorry for whining. I should not. :) I have a good life. Detecting will come soon!

CyberSage
03-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Epi,

I feel your pain. Things are finally thawed out here in Colorado enough to detect freely. This list of stuff I need to get done combined with work is really taking a toll on free time. I guess I will choose to think that when I finally get some good hunt time it will be even sweeter. ;) You know, it's kind of like hitting your thumb with a hammer over and over again, because it feels so good when you stop. :bangahead01: lol

Hang in there!

Jack

Lowjiber
03-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm retired with a lovely wife who works full-time. I don't dare say much, except that I've been there...done that.

Erma Bombeck once said, Life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies. She's right.

Hang in there girl.

randy
03-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Things are finally melted enough here as well, but now I have a foot injury and am not allowed to walk too much. I feel you pain as well. Hang in there.

flueinc
03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Keep your detector in your car so if you have 5 min you can detect you would be surprised how often you start having 5min here end there I started keeping my detector with me 2 years ago . It works I get out almost every dayif only for 5 min.

RickO
03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I am now retired, and the wife works..... however, I have no idea where the time goes. I always have stuff to do, either house things, study (taking some courses), or occasionally time for one of my several hobbies... Up at six am and bed at 11:30 pm... and the day is full .... whew... RickO