PDA

View Full Version : Sunday hunt with JTGOLD

Tony Two-Cent
03-25-2012, 07:42 PM
JTGOLD lives about 80 miles from me, and we've talked on the phone a few times but had never gotten together for a hunt until today. We tried hunting at an old ball park where I have had some success in the past. Today the old coins were hiding from us, although I did manage a 1926 Buffalo Nickel and a 1949 Jefferson Nickel.

We left the old ball park and decided to try a school grounds in the same town. There we both found some clad, and I found a 1952 wheat cent. From there Terry had to leave so we parted company and vowed to try and get together again someday.

When I got home my wife and daughter announced that they were going to a movie, so I decided to try my luck at a different ball park in a nearby town. There I found two wheat cents, a 1939 Mercury Dime and a 1947 Rosie.

Here are my keepers for the day:

And here are some closeups of the Buffalo and Merc:

It certainly was a beautiful day for metal detecting here today. I managed to get a nice sunburn. It was a pleasure meeting JTGOLD and I hope we can get together for a hunt again someday. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Fire Fighter 43
03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Nice hunt, you got to meet someone new and you had some good finds. WTG |:cheering:

Ill Digger
03-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Thats cool you and Terry got to meet up and do a little huntin'! thumbsup01
And by the end of the day you got yourself a pretty nice pile of keepers there! thumbsup01
Congrats Tony! :grin:

CODY
03-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Sweet finds Tony. Sounds like ya'll had a great time.

JTGOLD
03-26-2012, 07:33 AM
you ended up with a real good day there Tony and I realy enjoyed hunting with you, it was a fun day |:cheering: . untill next time you keep finding them oldies.

tanacat
03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
I love to see fellow detectorists meeting up |:cheering:

Congrats on the silver Tony :cheering:

aloldstuff
03-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Nice that you got to the last spot, 2 silvers and some wheats. JTGOLD was saying that you weren't sharing the old stuff....remember that we all have to play nice with each other. Nice hunting Tony, take some clad money and get yourself some sunblocker.