PDA

View Full Version : 4hrs. 4 coins 1/4

Cheap Thrills
03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
It didn't rain Sunday so I took the dog and my detector and off we went to one of my old standby places . This place has been hit hard , I only had 1 nickel and a few pulltabs and trash after the first 3 hrs. and was feeling quite discouraged . I was actually leaving when I saw this little grove of trees I had hit quite a few times over the years . It had given me given a little bit of clad and a couple of newer wheats . Figured I'd give it another shot to see if I could even find any type of coin there . It wasn't long before I got a decent hit that sounded like it had a little depth to it .
I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be a 1940 Washington at about 8 deep . This got the blood pumping again and I stayed a bit longer to dig another nickel and a clad dime . After that the two old dogs headed for home . :groovy:

POKIE73
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM
congrats on the day saving silver quarter sometimes they are hard to find dennis

MassDirtFisher
03-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Congrats on the Quarter!! Nice looking silver! Happy Hunting!!

Snapolson
03-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Tell ya what, a silver quarter would turn my worst hunt around too! Those are rare for me so when one pops up it's a real thrill. Congrats!

CODY
03-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Silver Quarter, Ahhhh yes! :clapping: WTG thumbsup01 Love those Washingtons. Congrats! |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Congrats on the silver quarter! They don't turn up too often. Great find! :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks Guys !! |:confused:) So far out of the 5 silver coins I have found this year 2 have been silver Washingtons . A good ratio so far . It's been a better year for nice jewelry though . Clad has been way below par . There's a lot of year left though . I'm about due for a beach hunt or two . :yes:

jkress
03-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Congrats Sheik. :clapping: That big silver is a nice sight in the hole. <:
I'm still looking for my first silver Washington of the year. :dontknow:
A nice one for your collection. :happydance01:

aloldstuff
03-28-2012, 07:09 AM
A day saving Wash is pretty cool. Doesn't silver in the hole look just great.

Fire Fighter 43
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
WTG finding a hunt saving silver, it just goes to show you it's never hunted out.

starman2
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
:perfect10:! Congrats on the big silver! That quarter is looking pretty good right now! Haven't found any silver lately. Large or small! WTG!! |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills
03-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Congrats Sheik. :clapping: That big silver is a nice sight in the hole. <:
I'm still looking for my first silver Washington of the year. :dontknow:
A nice one for your collection. :happydance01:

Thanks Joe , I guess I'm getting greedy but I haven't found a Barber coin or older in a few years now and I'm really lusting for one of those but any silver in the hole is exciting for me .

A day saving Wash is pretty cool. Doesn't silver in the hole look just great.

Yes , and I was glad it was an older one with a little character to it .

WTG finding a hunt saving silver, it just goes to show you it's never hunted out.

I started hunting this place 20 years ago and I was told it wasn't worth hunting anymore then .
All the old timers have given up on it and the newby's get tired of it quickly . I just seem to find enough to keep me going there.

:perfect10:! Congrats on the big silver! That quarter is looking pretty good right now! Haven't found any silver lately. Large or small! WTG!! |:cheering:

Thanks Starman , I was surprised to see this post up again . I'm still a bit excited over that quarter . Hang in there and try to get out as much as you can there's still some out there it's just gotten better at hiding . lol

Thanks for looking and posting ! :groovy:

coop
03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
Nice thumbsup01