PDA

View Full Version : My daughter gets #4 for the year...

Beefcake
03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
So far, my detector has remained in mothballs with this stinking snow... However, my daughter has been a silver finding magnet. She has that extra chromozome that Angel has... She has so far found 3 pennies or otherwise known as mercury dimes in our couch and just last night... We're walking through walmart last night and she picks a coin off of the floor... &quot:grin:addy, I found another penny... It was a hideous looking coin that looked like it had been stuck in somebody's cupholder... I looked again and thought I saw a winged head... Sure enough, another mercury dime...1939. I can't wait to get started, so far she's kicking my butt in the silver dept.

CyberSage
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
She has that extra chromozome that Angel has...

Your right Beef! Angel is kind of like one of those Stan Lee, Marvel comic book figures. I think he received an accidental overdose of detector radiation when attempting to use a nuclear powered battery in his E-Trac. Now when he get excited he turns into....

THE INCREDIBLE MERCURY MAN rofl

Look in the park!...It's a bird....It's a plane...

Good for your Daughter Beef. She will be detecting in no time.

Jack

coinnut
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Your right Beef! Angel is kind of like one of those Stan Lee, Marvel comic book figures. I think he received an accidental overdose of detector radiation when attempting to use a nuclear powered battery in his E-Trac. Now when he get excited he turns into....

THE INCREDIBLE MERCURY MAN rofl

Look in the park!...It's a bird....It's a plane...

Good for your Daughter Beef. She will be detecting in no time.

Jack

rofl rofl rofl I can just picture that caricature of Angel detecting. Man i wish I knew someone who can draw like that lol

angellionel
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
rofl rofl Now I'm going to have that image in mind next time I go to the park. lol lol

Hey BC, you need to take your daughter with you detecting. She is a natural. :yes:

tanacat
03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
How old is she? That is really funny! So are you going to get her a simple little metal detector to start out?

My 2 yr old is already showing interest, walks with the shovel and helps dig. Puts pennies in his pockets :) I used to let him play with my Prism IV, but now I won't let him touch my XLT (pushing buttons and programming wierd stuff, I'm sure you relate :huh:). Anyway, he was crying and I asked him if he wanted his own little metal detector -he looked at me with disbelief, registering what I had just asked- and then the biggest smile and said &quot:daydream:kay mommy. I wonder what the very youngest age is for little metal detecting fool? lol

Ill Digger
03-08-2010, 01:09 AM
lol lol lol lol
Come on dad..get in the game.
Thats funny...Thusrday night my oldest boy (he's 11) come up to me and says &quot:grin:ad I found a wheatie...But it's not real I said what do you mean...let me see?
He says It's not real...it's gray.I said gray? He handed me a 1943 stealie!!!
I said were did you get that? He said In my piggy bank. I about flipped! I guess you never know...

I wonder what the very youngest age is for little metal detecting fool? lol

Well he's probably not the youngest but my youngest was seven last year when he found his first IH. It was a 1898. Using my Prizm IV.

SeabeeRon
03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Tell her Congratz for me Brian!! She is a natural! :yes:

RickO
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Look out Beefcake, when she gets a MD of her own she will be finding all the goodies you missed... rofl RickO

Beefcake
03-09-2010, 07:08 PM
I hunt alot with my buddy Don and he brings along his little boy quite often. There was like 3 or 4 occasions when Don waited to see where his son sat down in the grass to detect under his butt and he hit silver on each occasion! Sometimes you just never know!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
how old is your couch lol?

tanacat
03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
how old is your couch lol?

rofl I was thinking the same thing- maybe I should check under the cushions in the 50's loveseat I just inherited from my grandma...