PDA

View Full Version : 35-46

kurt
03-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I started to get 35-46 the last time I hunted, when I moved 90 degrees it changed to 12-46. This occurred at least 6 times the last time I hunted. Any ideas why?

CyberSage
03-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Did you dig the targets? That's the best way to get that answer. I would like to hear your results. Very interesting observations. This is what it's all about. :)

earthmansurfer
03-31-2012, 05:07 AM
I get the same thing sometimes. Usually it's from nearby iron averaging the signal down. Too make that easier to occur, my ground is iron mineralized, which I think acts a bit as a conductor between the iron and target.

You can sometimes see this by pinpointing and seeing that the target is longer in one direction, though it all depends on distance (I think) between the iron an target (as well as the angle you swing at.)

But in the end, you got to dig lots of those like Jack said. For sure not every one of those is a good target, but I would bet you some of them are.

I would add to make sure you have the trash density setting on high as well as making sure you have your ground (neutral or difficult) set correctly according to the instructions. The latter just seems to add a little bit to your depth from my testing - however brief.

kurt
03-31-2012, 05:47 AM
They were all clad dimes and not very deep, maybe 4 inches or so, although they read 6 or more inches deep. Nothing else in the hole. :dontknow:. I dig anything with a Co of 46.

Bell-Two
04-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Most likely there was some sizable iron near your target, on such occasions do 45% or smaller angles all the way around the target, try quick mask and see what it tells you or I would switch to TTF and do very small sweeps on the target to see if you can isolate the target from the iron. Finally if any doubt dig it you may get a plesant suprise!

earthmansurfer
04-01-2012, 02:21 PM
They were all clad dimes and not very deep, maybe 4 inches or so, although they read 6 or more inches deep. Nothing else in the hole. :dontknow:. I dig anything with a Co of 46.

Isn't a lot of iron have a CO of 46:huh:

I'm curious, what is the rough breakdown of those targets you dug with a CO of 46?

Thx,
EMS

kurt
04-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Either a clad or silver dime.

Bell-Two
04-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Either a clad or silver dime.

The most common number for a clad dime for me is 13-44 with only rare exceptions is that number something else, I guess it depends on soil and settings on machine. I am fairly sure your discrim pattern can cause the same coin come in with slightly different numbers on two different machines. When my partner and I check each others signals quite often we get a slightly different number. Maybe swing speed effects this too but the numbers are generally close enough that to dig or not to dig are not compromised.

I also noticed something it seems if you have a more open pattern and do a noise cancel it seems to pick a lower channel number ...now this could be my imagination but I have done several checks on it and it seems to me this happens fairly often anyone else notice this?

kurt
04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
13-44 for me is usually a memorial penny, only rarely is it a clad dime.

1147SILVER
04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
The biggest thing I noticed that are depth of target mineralization of soil and the density of trash. Deep targets also don't always good numbers my experience say after 4 inch I don't look at the numbers just sound doesn't have to repeat

kurt
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Mineralization is a strong possibility, but trash isn't a problem at all. Yesterday I dug the bottom of a light bulb and a rusted screw. 35-46 only occurred once though. I tried two different locations at the same site.

1147SILVER
04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I also ground balance with a cleanest ground I can find I think it helps with the stabilization I also switch two tone ferrous and that helps with the deep iron. The more the information the better. I have found coppers in that range. 35 -45 35-46 don't discount cause of numbers your ears are the key. I dug a lot of iron at first.

kurt
04-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I have never tried TTF. The site I'm working will take me a long time to finish [months]. I work extremely slow, averaging 8 coins/hr. Perhaps I will try TTF in the future.