PDA

View Full Version : ":daydream:ne ping, and one ping only.

CODY
03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi folks, check this out. I don't know if any of you ever watched the movie, Hunt for Red October. This find kind of reminded me of that one ping, and one ping only line. I was at work last night and i kept driving past this small sidewalk strip. I kept telling myself that it sure looked good. There should be something there. When I took my lunch break, about 1:30 this morning, I couldn't stand it anymore. I grabbed my detector out of the truck. I had about 10 minutes left. I told myself I wasn't going to dig any signal unless I was absolutly sure it was a silver coin. And if I found one, I would stop and come back another day to search it good. I passed over several pennies, a few could be dimes, and some that could be something but not sure what. Then I hit a 77,78, on the F75. Dug it and there it was. 1954-D Rosie. I put it in my pocket and stopped. I will be back. But, check out the stain on the face of the coin. It will not come off. Weird! Yep, one ping, and one ping only, a Rosie. One more for the Jar. HH

MassDirtFisher
03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Well one ping is better than no ping... rofl

Happy Hunting, Congrats on the silver.

CyberSage
03-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Very nice Cody! That is a fantastic movie as well.

I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a recreational vehicle. And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?

Ill Digger
03-30-2012, 11:02 PM
I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a recreational vehicle. And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Yes. :yes: No papers? :confused: Nope. No papers. \:hammer: lol
One of my all-time favorite movies! :-> :clapping: I recognized it immediately!
One ping is all it took this time too! :yes: thumbsup01 lol
Nice find Cody!
Congrats! :grin:
Hopefully there's more silver pings to come from there. :drool:

Cheap Thrills
03-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Nice going Cody at this rate you will be moving up to a bigger jar soon . |:cheering: :beerbuddy:

POKIE73
03-31-2012, 05:13 AM
nice job on the short time you had looks like you made the most of it congrats on your silver dime dennis

coop
03-31-2012, 07:04 AM
Nice thumbsup01

aloldstuff
03-31-2012, 07:36 AM
And another one hits the jar. glad you got that one ping only. Congrats

Fire Fighter 43
03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
WTG Cody, one more for the jar. |:cheering:

Toadman
03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
All silver is good silver ! happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02

jkress
04-01-2012, 07:38 PM
One hole... one silver!! <: Way to go Cody.

Definitely worth a return trip. By the way, check out this post for cleaning
silver coins. It works very well without leaving the coin bright white.
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=813.0

Full Metal Digger
04-01-2012, 09:05 PM
You lost another submarine? (while eating jelly beans no less) Nice two-tone dime! I love it when a gut feeling pans out. It's as if some unknown force in the universe compels us to look even when there is nothing to indicate it's a good place. HH, Dave.