PDA

View Full Version : My Vehicle Has Been Stolen!! PICS ADDED!!

Beefcake
03-30-2012, 09:41 PM
At about 7:30 this evening I came back from one of my deliveries and went in to get my next run... I came back out and my vehicle was gone! All in less than 2 minutes... My iPhone and my detector was in there! I just got a call from the police that they may have found it... There is a report of an abandoned vehicle on FIRE!!! I tried my cell phone and it went right to voice mail... It was not locked due to the fact that we literally run in and run back out on Friday nights at our pizza shop. I'm just sick... Still waiting to hear for sure if it is mine...

**UPDATE**

OK... Here we go... Here's the pics... The E-trac was in the back and thanks to the awesome building of the ET, the only thing that survived was the carbon fiber lower shaft. It is the key piece of evidence that it is truly my vehicle!!! I'm proud of her...still serving even after being baked beyond recognition. These pics just leave me speechless... There was nothing stolen out of it and the fire was not set intentionally. The wrecked it up so bad that it actually broke the transmission fluid cooler and it sprayed on to the engine or exhaust and caught fire. The heat was so immense that it caught a dead tree on fire over 30 feet away from it. Luckily, there was a massive rain storm that blew through after it started and kept the entire forest from going up according to the fire dept. I don't know what will happen next and I'm going to have to deal with the insurance company for the next short while to see what happens... Wish me luck... I miss my detector already!!!!

CODY
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Holy cow Beefcake! Sorry to hear this bad news. Working for the PD I see it every day! I hope its not the one on fire. Hope you get the car and your belongings back. Keep us posted.

Ill Digger
03-30-2012, 10:17 PM
:omg: I can't even say what I really feel \:hammer: :lipssealed:
How terrible! \:[ Well for your your sake buddy, I hope thats not your car your hearing about on fire.
Keep us up to date.

CyberSage
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh Brian, that is terrible! Do you have insurance on it? Check out your home owners insurance, not the vehicle insurance. That just makes me sick. >:\ I am sorry buddy.

MassDirtFisher
03-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Thats awful. Sorry to hear.

Beefcake
03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I just talked to the police and they believe it is my vehicle and I will be contacted tomorrow. It was in a place where a tow truck could not get to it because it is so wet out tonight...huge storms blew through just after the theft. She said that it was a total loss too.. So, tomorrow I will know more...

Cheap Thrills
03-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Man , that really sucks . Sorry to hear that . You could have been run down or shot if you would have come out earlier . There's some heartless thugs out there and most of the time they are jacked up on drugs . Maybe they will be stupid enough to try to pawn the stuff . Hopefully the police nail them and your insurance covers everything . It still puts a lot of hassle on you though til' things get straightened out . Hang in there man .

POKIE73
03-31-2012, 05:18 AM
coming from a small town like where i live you never even heard of things like that but nowadays i quess you can never be carful enough hope things work out for the best good luck dennis

CTDirtFisher
03-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Beefcake, this sucks !! I'm sorry for your... you must be sick to your stomach... :-(

aloldstuff
03-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Beefcake, reading this really sucks....your car and DETECTOR. Hopefully your insurance will cover everything.

pulltabsteve
03-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Sorry to hear this Brian. I hate people who take advantage of situations for their own gain. I have a brand new Fisher F2 I will give you if you like. I have 3 coils for it. Sorry I cant give you a car but its a start. You do alot for people and its a shame this happened to you.

Tony Two-Cent
03-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Insurance will probably cover the car but not the detector unless you had a special rider on the insurance to cover the vehicle contents. :-\

Very sorry to hear about this, Brian. Seems the worst things happen to the best people.

Epi-hunter
03-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm so sorry Brian :crying02:

What kind of car was it? Who would steal a car and then set it on fire? What is the point in that? :confused:

Your car should be covered in some way by your employer if you were using it for work, I would think.

Fire Fighter 43
03-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your car Brian. Hopefully they took your items out and they try and sell them. That way the police have a better chance of catching them. It sucks when you are the victom, hang in there.

Lowjiber
03-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry about the loss, Brian.

Like Jack said, perhaps your homeowner insurance will cover the detector.

tanacat
03-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Oh that is just horrible >:# Of all people you do not deserve this- did you hear back if it was yours?

Like many have already said, hopefully insurance will cover everything. :-\

Beefcake
03-31-2012, 09:51 PM
It's mine... details in the revised first post with pics... It's pretty ugly.

jkress
04-01-2012, 12:05 AM
crying01
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Beefcake. Definitely sucks.
Best of luck. :)

CODY
04-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Holy crap Batman! :shocked03: Good luck with the Ins. Co. >:# Wishing you the best! thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
So awful Brian! >:/ Hope they get a lead on the perps! >:#

Beefcake
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Guess... What!!!.... The phone was not in the vehicle during the fire!... I checked the usage and it was used 3 times after the theft... two during the joy ride and insuing fire... and one the next morning. They used a bunch of data 53 megs on one during the fire time... I'm guessing these people posted a video of the events... Can't wait till they get busted!!! Still searching the net for any vids. Not having much luck with the police pinging the phone either... they tend to only want to do it when there is a life threatened. Oh, no phone calls or texts...just a bunch of data usage.

It was a Ford Escape Angie.

tanacat
04-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey that is great news :clapping: I hope they get caught and there is justice >:/ I imagine teenage boys :-\

And that is good that you might get your own phone back. I bet they will get caught!
Please keep us posted.

Btw, My Honda CRV was stolen for a joyride a couple years ago, right out of my garage!!! The kids left it parked up the street after a night of whatever. Never figured out who it was. I admit I had left the keys inside and also forgot to shut the garage door that night :embarrassed: We live in a nice neighborhood, never thought that would happen.

Once again, I am soooo sorry this happened to you. :dontknow:

Toadman
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
That rots... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Dimeman
04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Sorry about your vehicle and detector. Hope your insurance will settle quickly so you can get another ride.
Hope the thieves get found and locked up.

Beefcake
04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I got a call from the police about an hour ago... They think they might have them. They were supposed to go and arrest them. They said they are 90% sure it is them. The people that did it befriended some other kid in town. The kid in town I guess is a fairly good kid and is willing to talk I guess... Good news!!! The insurance evaluator gave me a value for the vehicle above what I owed. The main adjustor is still doing the investigation and she said it would be a couple of days till everything is done. I filed the homeowner's claim for the contents. The auto insurance is giving $200 for the clothing inside. They are covering the tow from the site to the impound lot. I still have to claim the $250 charge for the extracation from the woods though. So, it looks really good so far and hopefully I'll be back in the game soon. Thank you all for the kind words... It is folks like you that get us through the tough times and I really appreciate you all!!! Thank you!!

aloldstuff
04-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Hopefully the culprits will be caught and prosecuted. It's nice to see that alot of action has taken place over this incident. Hope that the insurance will work in your favor and you don't take a financal hit. Thanks for the updates.

Cheap Thrills
04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Good to hear things are looking up Brian . Will your Auto insurance pay for a rental car ? Somebody should . It will be interesting to see what the final outcome will be on this as far what the punishment will be for the car thieves and what kind of restitution will come of this . I hope you post the final outcome . Last year , less than mile from where I live three young men were shot and killed in a gang related drive by , no arrests as of yet . The murderers are suspected to be from a well known gang in a neighboring city and were said to be driving a black car . Sometimes
the bad guys don't get caught . :-\