PDA

View Full Version : 3 INDIAN HEADS & A EAGLE CUFF BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-31-2012, 08:40 PM
rain all morning and was going stir crazy.about 2 pm it started to dry up and decided to give my old spot another shot.this site sits up high across from one of the only few standing colonial homes left in waterbury.the barn foundation is massive and you can see how high the walls are with me on top overlooking the main rd below.in the past i've dug alot of Ih's & barbers out of this site
today I nabbed 3 ih's & a Spanish/American war cuff button.Horstmann Philadelphia backmark.any ideas on the broken thin badge thing? from what it looks like it said HOOTERS INSPECTOR :lol: nice 3 hour hunt but signals are few & far between now.

CODY
03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
As always, Great finds! Awesome IH's. Sweet button. Thanks for sharing! |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
04-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, that is one sturdy barn foundation, I thought I was looking at a railroad trestle . Thanks for the pics, Drew

Toadman
04-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Sweet button for sure... |:cheering: |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
04-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Nice hunt, the button is a sweet find. |:cheering:

del
04-01-2012, 12:53 PM
hey you salvaged the day very well Dave |:cheering: the eagle button is in pretty shape and looks like a very late one too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-02-2012, 07:42 PM
hey you salvaged the day very well Dave |:cheering: the eagle button is in pretty shape and looks like a very late one too.

thanks Dan.the eagle is a bit different huh? is that why you say a later one?

del
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM
thanks Dan.the eagle is a bit different huh? is that why you say a later one?

yeah the later ones had a variation of the eagle or shield or both , that one is definately post Civil War.

fyrffytr1
04-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Those are some nice finds. I like finding military buttons more than just about anything else. I have a few eagle ones but have yet to find a CS!