PDA

View Full Version : Todays cellar hole hunt

sniffy
03-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Managed to get out for awhile today. So, I headed up to some of my cellar sites. Only today I ventured far into unmarked territory. I found a couple new sites. ALOT of targets, not pictured are the tons of oxe shoes, horseshoes, nails, 2 oxe knobs, brass bell, bridal rosette, and other brass whatsits. But did manage to retrieve this nice gilted button and suspender buckle. Cant' wait for the big thaw, these sites I have not detected without at least 4-5 inches of snow on top of them, SO i'm curious to see what kind of targets will be revealed.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-07-2010, 06:58 PM
cool finds! snows all gone down this way.only a matter of days and it should be gone jess thumbsup01

coinnut
03-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Sounds promising :yes: I think that brass bell and rosette, are a couple of good hits too. Snow? What is snow anyways? rofl All gone here. :grin:

angellionel
03-07-2010, 07:34 PM
It will be great to see what you can pull from those sites once the snow melts. Cool finds!

del
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
sounds like a good day out Jesse , being new with that dfx your gonna dig up lots of good sounding iron this time of year its the moisture in the ground that does it . don't be a tease now we love pictures of the goods and the bad . nice gilted button the buckle on the left is for a suspender not a knee.

Dan

sniffy
03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
sounds like a good day out Jesse , being new with that dfx your gonna dig up lots of good sounding iron this time of year its the moisture in the ground that does it . don't be a tease now we love pictures of the goods and the bad . nice gilted button the buckle on the left is for a suspender not a knee.

Dan
Yeah I just realized that. This one is pretty cool, I think it's a civil war veterans, it actually has the date on it. 1859, SO thats very cool...I just read up on it a little bit and they manufactured this paticular suspender buckle for the soldiers. So i guess this is a military find. Pretty neat.