PDA

View Full Version : Great vacatioin day

DennisH
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I used a full day of vacation Thursday and went to a park for a 7 1/2 hour hunt. I am Very very happy with lots of goodies to enjoy. The 1920D SLQ was about 10 inches deep with a 1920 wheat penny right on top of it, you can still see the outline of the wheat. It has very little wear and I believe it's in a strong XF condition. The token and one of the Indians were iffy hits that when I went to dig them they were in plugs that someone else dug and missed finding. Makes me wonder how many time I gave up a good item:huh:

It has been over 5 years from the last time I found gold and the first time I found ice. I had a jeweler check it out and they are diamonds. 16 point on the large stone and 1 point each for the 5 small stones for a total weight of 1/4 carret. My wife should enjoy wearing it.

It toned a sligtly broken 33 to 36 ish on the e-trac, I was thinking zinken or hopefully a wheaty. (was realy hopeing a Indian but i don't think that out load so I don't jinx myself). I cut a nice plug about 3 inches deep and caught a glimps of shine. Normaly it's just a grass or tree root and I go on but for some reason I investigated and found this baby in the hole. I never did find what toned on the E-trac, even after going back to the hole 4 more times. My guess is large rusted iron very very deep.

Very lucky on this find.

Fire Fighter 43
04-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Congrats those are some great finds, the SLQ is beutiful WTG |:cheering:

CODY
04-01-2012, 07:56 PM
:wow: That SLQ is Premo!!!! |:cheering: Jewelry is nice too! Great hunt with some sweet finds. Congrats HH

Tony Two-Cent
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
The Standing Liberty Quarter may just be my all-time favorite coin and that one is GORGEOUS! :loveit:

Congrats on the gold and diamonds too! :drool:

What an incredible hunt! |:confused:)

jkress
04-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah... that was a vacation day very well spent! <:

Congrats Dennis. You did quite well in the park. I especially like the SLQ. :smitten:
Great silver, plenty of IH's and gold/diamonds... you can't ask for better than that. :beerbuddy:

z118
04-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I would trade a vacation day for those find and day! Congrats on some fantastic finds.

tanacat
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
:shocked03: :wow: That SLQ is amazing... :clapping: All of mine have been dateless :envious:

You have quite a few amazing finds |:cheering: Good luck on it being ice, I think it is :yes:

milco
04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
:wow: Really sweet finds, looks like your trip on your vacation day paid off bigtime!

MassDirtFisher
04-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome hunt, look at that SLQ, Nice looking gold and ice!! Congrats on a sweet day hunting!! Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
04-02-2012, 07:26 AM
What an awesome looking SLQ. Hope your wife enjoys the new bling....congrats

POKIE73
04-08-2012, 07:32 PM
congrats on the silver and the gold you had a great day hunting dont we wish they all could be like that congrats on a good hunt dennis

Snapolson
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Love that SLQ. hope to find one someday! Congrats on a great hunt!

coop
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Awesome finds!!!!!!

randy
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh my that SLQ is to die for. I'm sure the gold with ice is nice, and a very nice find, congrats :happydance01: (and I had the same problem, last time I pulled gold with ice my wife took it over rather than let me sell it for a new machine :crazy:), but I'm just a freak for beautiful SLQs. Nice one <: