PDA

View Full Version : Quantity without quality

z118
04-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Here's a week's worth of finds... I got in two decent evening hunts last week, but was mostly rained/snowed/hailed out this weekend and wound up hitting a bunch of tot lots. Total for the week was 277 coins worth $25.26 including 4 wheats. The only find even close to a keeper was a badly mangled and broken silver ring. Otherwise it was all the usual junk... junk rings, buttons, zippers, keys, etc, etc, etc. I'm almost embarrassed to post this stuff in the same forum as some of the fantastic finds you all seem to make with such regularity. At any rate, I still had fun.

Cheers, and happy hunting!

jkress
04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Nice week of hunting Z. :clapping:
That's an incredible amount of change for the jar. :yes:
Fun to pick up rings here and there too. Congrats.

Tony Two-Cent
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm almost embarrassed to post this stuff in the same forum as some of the fantastic finds you all seem to make with such regularity.

You shouldn't ever think that way! We all have days or even weeks where we don't find jack squat. It looks to me like you are finding a ton of stuff! And if you're having fun doing it that's all that matters! :yes:

CODY
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM
You had fun! Thats what its all about! Congrats on some great finds. thumbsup01

POKIE73
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
the important thing is you got out and had fun nothing trumps that congrats on your finds and good hunting dennis

tanacat
04-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Very nice :cheering: I love seeing piles of finds-the variety :yes: That necklace looks good quality though! What's the stone?

Amazing amount of clad for one week! :shocked03:

aloldstuff
04-02-2012, 07:17 AM
We all have hunts like this. Lots of clad but you got yourself 4 wheats and a mangled piece of silver. Don't worry about what you post.

z118
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the comments all... I certainly can't deny that in spite of the lack of keepers I still had fun.

That necklace looks good quality though! What's the stone?

The stone looks like rose quartz. The piece is stamped Avon which is without a doubt my LEAST favorite jewelry to find. I've found several of their rings and every dang one had me going for a minute only to find that Avon stamp and realize it was just nice looking junk.

Maybe next time!

UK55
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
:omg:

That's a lot of digging :wow: I hope the backs Ok thumbsup01

UK55

Fire Fighter 43
04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Keep posting everything you find, over $25 in clad is nothing to be embarrassed about. WTG |:cheering:

leslie(nova scotia)
04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....gud horde fur da week me son. Sometimes silver eludes us as does gold but youz....there is always pennies to be found! <;)