PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Detector

kickit
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey All,
I'm looking to purchase a beginner detector for my wife, thinking about a Coinmaster Pro or Garrett's Ace 250...we occasionally vacation in Florida so I want something she can use on the beach. Has anyone had experience with beach hunting with either of the two I mentioned or does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks!

Vito
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
As long as she stays in the dry sand every of the both will do a good job. I don't know any thing about the Ace's, but the Prizm/Coinmaster go deep and pinpoint is dead on.

Good Luck

zachattack
04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I really like my ACE250 and I'd recommend it to anyone looking to get into the hobby.

In my opinion, the only thing that's beginner about this machine is that it lacks a bit of depth. It has the exact features that you need, with no fancy bells and whistles. (....this is just my opinion though!)

kickit
04-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Zachattack, thanks for the input I was looking for some positive info on the Ace 250 and by no means was I down grading the 250 by calling it a beginner machine it's just that it comes with a price tag that allows a beginner to be introduced to this great hobby. Sounds like either the coinmaster or 250 would be a winning machine!