PDA

View Full Version : A little homestead hunting

Snapolson
04-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Got out yesterday to do some detecting at an 1830 homestead and farm in West Haven. I've been coming to the spot off and on since last summer. It used to be a chicken farm and the guy who owned the farm and the home moved out. He said I can hunt it all I want. But in all my visits, I have only found two wheat pennies! I'm amazed I haven't found any other older coins yet. I sure hope to find some before the property is torn down and the land sold off. Thanks for looking. Happy Hunting!! :peace:

Metal Detecting Hunt 04-02-12 (1830 homestead) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlB7Gpp4n0&list=UUnKt09G0ZYa0EarySnl8EbA& index=1&feature=plcp#ws)

aloldstuff
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Snap, the video wont play. Only two wheats....that silver has to be hiding from you. Don't give up

Snapolson
04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Snap, the video wont play. Only two wheats....that silver has to be hiding from you. Don't give up

Thanks! I think it works now.

jkress
04-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Yes, thanks for fixing the video... it works now.

First, I want to say I really like your videos. Second, sure looks like a great place to detect. Especially when
you panned around from the house and showed how big the area was. :drool:

Some places look great but turn out to have minimal finds... we've all experienced this. :yes: I liked the little animal relic
you found by the front porch. The hot water handle is cool too. Hopefully there will be a silver waiting for you if you make a return trip. :beerbuddy:

Cheap Thrills
04-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes, thanks for fixing the video... it works now.

First, I want to say I really like your videos. Second, sure looks like a great place to detect. Especially when
you panned around from the house and showed how big the area was. :drool:

Some places look great but turn out to have minimal finds... we've all experienced this. :yes: I liked the little animal relic
you found by the front porch. The hot water handle is cool too. Hopefully there will be a silver waiting for you if you make a return trip. :beerbuddy:

Joe pretty much expressed my feelings . I'd hit it again ,especially after the rains . |:cheering: