PDA

View Full Version : My keeper pocket was overflowing

RobW
04-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I haven't been out for awhile...lots of work to do >:#

My insurance agent told me I should hit a spot they had just torn a building down on....and that he had seen someone else detecting it already >{

I drove by and it looked promising...but I had no time. crying01 I called Al and told him to do me a favor and go detect it for me. That was a couple weeks ago. I knew Al had not done it.

So yesterday, my schedule at worked cleared, it was a beautiful day, and I just needed to decompress....so I left out early. I actually kinda forgot about that spot, but I wanted to check out a park in that town that I had not been to. It was small and mostly fill. I did manage a lone wheat.

Then I remembered the spot. I drove by and it looked good to go. I steped into the arena....I see where someone had cut their plugs 8/. It wasn't long before I got a hit, out comes a 1924 wheat <: This looks GOOD.......2 hrs later.....a total of 32 wheats, 2 Merc dimes (1919 and 1941) and 3 40s/50s nickles...and a lot of clad. My hands have blisters from digging so much...I must be out of practice lol...I had to have dug over 100 plugs!

aloldstuff
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM
It's about time you made some time for yourself. Nice hunting, huge pile of wheats and 2 silvers. I'll go back and pick up what you left for me. Congrats on getting out and for all your keepers. Is this the most wheats in one hunt for you?

Snapolson
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
:wow:!! That's a lot of wheats!! Nice finds!

Fire Fighter 43
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
:wow: That is one big pile of wheats. Congrats on the silver and a nice hunt WTG |:cheering:

CODY
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Nice finds, Congrats! thumbsup01

Rob L
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
You got some pretty good keepers. Were there any clads? I won't pick up a penny on the street, I guess most people won't. But I've dug for what seems like 15 minutes only to come up with the lowly clad penny. Its quite different when your detecting though,you could come up with a real treasure. Glad you were able to get away to hunt.

coop
04-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Nice thumbsup01