PDA

View Full Version : Dry sand gold ? Update

Cheap Thrills
04-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Thought I'd try a little dry sand hunting at the beach today . There were no cuts and the sand was pretty high so I didn't expect much . The targets were very few and far between . I pretty much dug everything . There was a Park Ranger on the beach and he put a couple of signs up closing off a small section of the beach ( of course it happened to be one of the areas I wanted to concentrate on ) :-\ . A young seal was beached and the Marine mammal center folks were trying to keep people away in case it's mother decided to reunite with Junior . I was there for almost three hours and it never happened . The weather was nice and there were a few people there but it wasn't crowded . I actually had my picture taken by one of a couple of cuties who appeared to be tourists ( she tried to do it on the sly but I caught her in the act ) no harm done, I just gave her my best Paul Newman grin and didn't miss a swing with my detector . :grin: I found a few scattered coins , two coins very close together that I think may be from the Ukraine , a bit of foil , bottlecaps and other trash . I also found this huge ,what appears to be a gold wire earring . It looks real enough and it doesn't stick to a magnet but I find it hard to believe someone would be wearing that much real gold nowadays . Still a fun find though . My Brother in law will acid test it for me . A fun day filled with good exercise and fresh salt air . :groovy:

jkress
04-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Nice hunting Sheik. :clapping: I sure hope it turns out to be gold. :drool: A nice big chunk.
Bummer about the baby seal. crying01 Hopefully it all turned out well.

Fire Fighter 43
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
WTG and congrats on the GOLD!! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Heres hoping that it is gold. Paul Newman grin huh.....

CODY
04-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Sweet, congrats! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
It's junk , It failed the acid test miserably . :thumbsdown:

jkress
04-11-2012, 10:44 PM
crying01
Sorry to hear this Sheik. Here's hoping the next one is real. :beerbuddy: