PDA

View Full Version : Help me, the next step for me and my V

sp1173
04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
HI all
I'm in Quincy, MA
I've had my V for a while but didn't use it much. I have vowed to learn more about it this season and I have so now I have to figure out the next step.
Recently I have ventured from copied programs to, trying to tweak my machine for my conditions.
I have found a fine amount of clad and done lots of trash digging.
I just started to look for EMI doing a 360 while pinpointing but to be honest I haven't found the need to offset yet, perhaps in the near future.
Next is a ground probe but I'll be honest after I get the reading I'm not 100% what I'm using it for. something about signal loss and the ground I guess I do not want the number to be too high:huh:thinkingabout: over 20%??
Now I have started to get the hang of filters, I was in my yard which was built on fill I think from a junk yard back in like 1900, very trashy. My plan was to bury a coin and sweep over it trying filters to get the best depth. So I am getting more comfy trying to adjust.
I'm also very new just my first day out trying Mixed Mode and Correlate.
I am trying to figure out after a ground probe, What am I looking to set:huh:thinkingabout:? If the ground reads at say -94 VDI do I discriminate -93,-94 and -95:huh:thinkingabout:
I think I have a couple other things i ran into but wasnt sure what to adjust for settings but I guess for another post.
Any help would be appreciated.
Right now I am content finding coins but want to go deeper.
So I am content discriminating Iron probably down to -5 and then +95 does this avoid wrap? lol I am still a little lost but having fun.
I want to start finding Silver amongst the trashy Iron environment I am surrounded by.
Any suggestions and help appreciated
Thanks
Scott

CyberSage
04-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello Scott,
Burying that coin and adjusting over it is a good start to understanding what the V is trying to tell you. I have very specific thoughts on dealing with deep iron around deep coins. I don't use the ground probe, or analyze functions at all. There are many theories, but I have done quite well using the following method.

See the following link for more detail on this...

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=1860.0

Good luck!

Jack

sp1173
04-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I'll check it out thanks