PDA

View Full Version : Did it Again!

CODY
04-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Had to work last night. Got to work tonight and tomorrow night. Took my lunch break this morning about 2:00 AM. Had about 15 minutes left and hit the same sidewalk strip I did last week when I found the Rosie. Same routine as last time. Working fast, but steady. Skipping over the penny signals and anything else that I wasn't sure was silver. First target was the 77 penny. Was bouncing between 71 and 76. Sounded like a penny but bouncing up to 76 made me dig it. Yep a penny. Started back swinging, skipping penny and clad dime signals. Hit a target bouncing between 87 and 91. Kind of high for a quarter, maybe a half? Nope, 1942 Washington. Stuck it in my pocket and went back to work! I know this is not as exciting as the muliple silver finds and the older coins you guys find. But when you only have 15 minutes, you got to do the best you can. I don't know why the signals were bouncing so bad. We have had a lot of rain this week. I am going to blame it on the grond being so wet. I am going to go back to this strip and dig ALL the signals when I have more time.We will see what tonight might bring. Another one for the Jar![attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4]
Here is THE one danger of hunting at night in Mississippi that scares me! FIRE ANTS! They will eat your lunch!

POKIE73
04-07-2012, 07:09 AM
looks like you made the most of what little time you had i have the reverse i am retired and have all day after awile you run short of places have to travel farther oh well good luck and congrats on your silver dennis

Tony Two-Cent
04-07-2012, 07:14 AM
On the contrary, it IS an exciting find, Cody! I rarely find silver quarters. That you were able to find it in a 15 minute hunt makes it even more exciting!

Good job and congrats! :clapping:

trout-hunter
04-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Nice finds for 15 minutes and I had the pleasure of visiting MS last spring and was quickly educated on the fire ants. OUCH!!!!!

jkress
04-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Wow... another awesome Washington. :clapping: I have yet to find one this year. crying01
That strip is holding some goodies for you.

I remember my first experience with fire ants. :girlcry: They are quite ferocious and extremely
painful when they work as a group. :stretcher:

Congrats on another one for the jar.

Fire Fighter 43
04-07-2012, 01:11 PM
That is great Cody, 15 minute hunt and you found silver. WTG! |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills
04-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Even a Rosie is a big find for me nowadays and a silver Washington is way cooler . I get the feeling my days of finding an occasional Barber or Seated are pretty much over around here . Congrats on another one for the Jar . |:cheering: I just recently read that Fire ants are not native to the U.S and are an invasive species killing off and replacing the native ants . :-\

milco
04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Nice silver quarter! Those are always sweet to find!

Hook
04-07-2012, 08:59 PM
ANY silver quarter is a good find, no matter if its all by itself or mixed in with a dozen other silvers. good job!

BTW...you are correct. fire ants will eat your lunch, your legs, feet, hands, etc. and anything else they find! rofl

Ill Digger
04-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Silver quarters are tough to come by even if you have all day to hunt :yes: :hairpulling:
So for only 15 minutes I'd say you did very well!
I'd take that ratio any day :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

angellionel
04-07-2012, 09:25 PM
A very nice reward for a short hunt. Can't complain about that.

aloldstuff
04-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Cody, a silver quarter in 15 min is great, now if your just skipped eating your lunch and spent the entire time hunting...........just kidding. By the way any posted silver is exciting

CTDirtFisher
04-08-2012, 07:02 AM
SA-WEEEEET ! :clapping: