PDA

View Full Version : MDing the Parkway Clearings This Week

milco
04-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Wed, Thurs and Fri of this week I spent about six hours hunting these parkway clearings this week on my lunch hour and on very short hunts before and after work. They started these clearing projects last summer and last year I found many wheat cents, old nickels and some silver dimes here last year in these two spots. Well on Monday and Tuesday of this past week I saw the crews out there totally chewing everything up and regrading for seeding I would guess. Timing is everything so they say, so I spent as much time as I could spare hitting these areas and gridding off sections. I'm not quite done yet so I hope to get back at it next week during the week as these places are near where I work. So far two silvers and 9 wheat cents. As you can see I dug a ton of trash and have been digging everything. The most surprising thing to me is the lack of nickels, I thought for sure I would pull a buffalo or some older Jeffersons. Until next week then!

milco
04-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Here is a picture of the first location pictured above from last fall.

angellionel
04-07-2012, 09:19 PM
What a nice opportunity! You are certainly doing well there. Yeah, it is odd on the lack of nickels. I too would think a few would be picked up from there.

Ill Digger
04-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Looks like a great opportunity!
Way to take advantage Darren! thumbsup01
It payed off too! :happydance01:
Congrats ! :grin:

jkress
04-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Way to go D!! :clapping:
There's not a whole lot of opportunities that sneak by you. :beerbuddy:

Nice bunch of wheat cents and the two silver beauties.

Tony Two-Cent
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Congrats on the silver quarter and early Merc, Darren! I hope you find lots more goodies on your next hunt there! thumbsup01

CODY
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Sweet finds, Congrats thumbsup01

aloldstuff
04-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Glad to see that you took advantage of this situation. Congrats on the silvers and wheats and you did did a lot of trash. About how much more time do you think you'll have at this location?

Fire Fighter 43
04-08-2012, 08:08 AM
WTG Darren and congrats on the nice hunt |:cheering:

milco
04-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Glad to see that you took advantage of this situation. Congrats on the silvers and wheats and you did did a lot of trash. About how much more time do you think you'll have at this location?

I figure I have about an hour left at one of the clearings and the other one I have not gridded off yet, just bounced around so it will keep me busy this whole next week.