PDA

View Full Version : shoe buckle

del
03-09-2010, 02:49 PM
well was out for a short hunt today with Coinnut not much to find though :bangahead01: . just a plain flat button and a 1925 wheatie ( George must have cursed me ) and then i got a very ratty sounding shotgun shell signal :shocked04:stretcher: ( something mixed with iron is whats going through my mind ) and out pops this very nice ornate little shoe buckle . first complete one of the year

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-09-2010, 02:53 PM
WOW! nice find! never seen complete iron guts! thumbsup01

sniffy
03-09-2010, 03:26 PM
THATS A BEAUTY!

coinnut
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
That buckle is sweet!! But I got a surprise of my own :shocked04: Besides a real nice Pewter button, that little canister that you told me would have half dimes in it? :ticked: :ticked: :mad: It's just as good. A religious ornament, with I believe Joseph and Jesus? (or a bad image of Mary lol) The statue is probably silver and that is a glass cylinder around them. I wasn't expecting that to be in there lol Actually I wasn't expecting anything to be in there at all :yes: I find the oddest things rofl Must be my wacko personality that draws me to them. :twirlingeyes: So it was a short hunt, but well worth it.

del
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
hey thats pretty unexpected and cool , never seen anything like it . i'm surprised the glass made it out in one piece with all the frost and water freezing going on for the last hundered years or more.

RickO
03-09-2010, 05:33 PM
That appears to be a St. Christopher statue... might be another one though... very cool find... RickO

angellionel
03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow! Cool finds guys! :shocked04:stretcher: That buckle sure looks great, and the cylinder with the religious figure is one sweet find. You sure do find the oddest items, George. lol But they are very nice ones. :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
wow that's pretty cool G! and yeah at what dan said! unbelievable that the glass wasn't cracked.very cool short hunt duuudes! thumbsup01

coinnut
03-09-2010, 10:25 PM
That appears to be a St. Christopher statue... might be another one though... very cool find... RickO

That makes more sense. Isn't Christopher the protector of travel or is it children? I knew Joseph wasn't gonna watch Jesus lol :embarrassed:

John M
03-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Great looking finds guys.George that is a very unique religious find and you must bring it with you while Dan is driving.Christopher is the patron saint for travelers.
Will have to catch with you guys in the near future after my wife mends up.She just got done with some disc surgery in her neck and after she mends she needs work done on the lower back.Been a stressful week but on the plus side I do have a new test area as she now has a plate in her neck........do you guys know how titanium rings up on the xlt?

coinnut
03-10-2010, 10:40 AM
George that is a very unique religious find and you must bring it with you while Dan is driving.Christopher is the patron saint for travelers.

Been a stressful week but on the plus side I do have a new test area as she now has a plate in her neck........do you guys know how titanium rings up on the xlt?

I'm gonna have St. Christopher righ in my pocket. Altough Del is a very careful driver, it seems them telephone poles move in front of him alot lol Rocks and potholes seem to move too rofl

Hope your wife's neck heals soon. :) Don't know what a piece of titanium that big will read, but I do know what you will get from her, if you try detecting her neck :bop: :bop: lol

del
03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
George that is a very unique religious find and you must bring it with you while Dan is driving.Christopher is the patron saint for travelers.

I'm gonna have St. Christopher righ in my pocket. Altough Del is a very careful driver, it seems them telephone poles move in front of him alot lol Rocks and potholes seem to move too rofl

yeah ... yeah i'm an excellent driver .... yeah definately an excellent driver .....yeah :kiss: :kiss:

machine72
03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Wow you guys did pretty good for a short hunt. Looking forward to when I can join you fellas for hunts again. I will let ya know hopefully soon. john

coinnut
03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Wow you guys did pretty good for a short hunt. Looking forward to when I can join you fellas for hunts again. I will let ya know hopefully soon. john

lol We're just happy you are still alive ;) Let us know John, when you are available on Saturdays.