PDA

View Full Version : Forum Members Hunt

aloldstuff
04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Got to meet up with Randy, Rob L and his son Al today. Rob L extended an invite to hunt some fields that he has been hunting off and on for 9 years. My old body only lasted half the day but here is my take. I got two buttons, one is backmarked ROBINSON & CO TREBLE GILT with lots of gilt left on it. I also got a complete colonial buckle, my first.

It was great to meet up with some fellow forum members and get some swing time in together. Again, thanks alot for the invite.

Thanks for reading

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-07-2012, 06:58 PM
cool finds and great to get together with forum members.one thing though & hate to rain on your hopes of a colonial buckle but,it's a suspender buckle from the late 1800's.

MassDirtFisher
04-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice Finds Al, I will make sure to get out with you guys next time. Congrats and Happy Hunting!!

Rob L
04-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi Al: It was a pleasure meeting you, sorry you had to go back early. After you left we went to the other fields. Randy got an old wedding band. I think that it may have been gold plated at one time. My son Al got a pocket watch made by Rob Roy. I got one just like it 2 yrs ago in the same field. Glad you got a first. The button is very nice also.

aloldstuff
04-08-2012, 05:44 AM
cool finds and great to get together with forum members.one thing though & hate to rain on your hopes of a colonial buckle but,it's a suspender buckle from the late 1800's.

HMN, thanks for the input, really thought I had one there. Someday....

Toadman
04-08-2012, 02:45 PM
It may not be old,old, but those come up at some great sites ! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

CODY
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Great finds! Congrats! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
04-08-2012, 05:00 PM
WTg nice finds |:cheering: