PDA

View Full Version : A good Good Friday hunt :)

DennisH
04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
With good Friday being a paid holiday for me I decieded a 8 hour hunt would be great way to spend it so away I went. The finds were not as good as my last hunt (gold, ice and semi key extra fine SLQ) but I am still glad I went, got enough to pay for tolls but not the gas. Oh well, I still am happy with my trueasures.

Almost all the goodies were found in the same area as my last 2 or 3 trips to this park. I am sure I have miss a strip here or there but what is left is mostly beyond my ability, so, untill a few years of freezing winters or a better detector I call that spot done..... Maybe..

Wheats my not pay for gas but I realy enjoy finding them, of course the older the better. Same with the condition, the better the better. Thats why the close up of the best 4 wheats, wouldn't be awesome if they all were that good.

Enough typing, time for pics. ps.. help on the buttons, what are they, how old and any value?? Lots of pics this time.

Tony Two-Cent
04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Incredible hunt, Dennis! :wow:

Those four wheat cents really do look great! Older wheaties that I find around here are usually toasted. Yours are sweet!

I'm not sure about the railway button, but the eagles buttons are the Heraldic Eagle design and therefore from the 20th century. (Learned that from del, correct me if I'm wrong, Dan.)

Congrats on the terrific hunt! :clapping:

Rob L
04-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Congrats on the good finds. You must have been digging for quite a while to unearth all that . I'm assuming that you must have dug some junk also. Mercurys are great to find. The buttons are military, but don't know anything else about them.

Epi-hunter
04-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Excellent hunt Dennis, and beautiful photos! :perfect10:

CODY
04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Sweet finds, congrats thumbsup01

jkress
04-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Great hunt Dennis. You made great use of a paid day off. :yes:

This area has been very good to you and you pulled some more great keepers.

Too bad that one Wheat cent couldn't change year and mint with your Merc. :smitten: lol

Congrats once again.

Ill Digger
04-09-2012, 02:50 AM
....got enough to pay for tolls but not the gas.
Wait a minute :confused: Wisconsin don't have any tolls :thinkingabout: So that means this is Illinois silver :eyebrow: lol
And you would've had to find a couple of gold coins to cover the gas! :rolleyes: 8/ lol
And you were on the clock too!?! How sweet is that!! :cool:
Nice finds on your day off! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

aloldstuff
04-09-2012, 07:13 AM
What a way to spend 8 hours of paid time off. Huge amount of wheats and as stated before excellent photos. Nice silvers also

POKIE73
04-09-2012, 09:01 AM
looks like a great day of digging treasures and to top it of you was getting paid to do it congrats on your finds dont ya wish it could be that way all the time dennis

Fire Fighter 43
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
:wow: That is a lot of wheats! Congrats on the silver and a great hunt. WTG |:cheering:

Mudder
04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Wonderful coins and some nice relics to go along with them. :peace: :peace: :clapping: :clapping: