PDA

View Full Version : An oh crap moment

pulltabsteve
04-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Mike and I headed out to some spots out east very early Saturday morning. We stopped at an OLD piece of property with an old house from the 1700s that had a HUGE back piece of flat property :cheesysmile: We knocked on the door and a woman answered. We explained what we did and wanted permission to detect and share the finds and the first words out of her mouth were, You're not like those guys on american digger are you? After some sweet talking we seemed to have won her over. She said her husband would be home in 30 minutes and we could stop back and talk to him. She seemed like she would be ok with it. Then I got an emergency phone call and had to head home. My daughter was in the hospital with a kidney infection. I spent the last 2 days sleeping at the hospital. Its kind of like camping.... She's fine and will be probably coming home today. This morning she told me Im the best Dad in the world. Really made my life! I just stopped home to shave and take a shower. I hope everyone had a nice Easter. And that 1700s house; we'll be back there this coming Saturday to see if we can detect it.

Cheap Thrills
04-09-2012, 12:03 PM
So glad your daughter is ok . Over the years my wife and I have had a few of those fearful times with our kids and grandkids and thank God that things came out ok . Sickness does not always take a break on the holidays either .
It looks like The American Diggers are having their impact on how we are perceived by some
of the public . Fortunately , I believe most of the viewers can see thru their obviously staged
shenanigans . Unfortunately , people who have power and want to shut us down will use them
as examples .
It will be interesting to see if after having time to think about it if that couple will allow you to hunt their property , good luck with that Steve . :groovy:

del
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
oh Steve , i'm very sorry to hear about the unexpected two day camping trip ;) but she's right your the best Dad :perfect10: . i'm very relieved to hear your Daughter is much better now and will be home today. Kids are extreme and seem to either almost scare you to death , almost drive you crazy with rage or make you incredibly proud lol lol . tell her i said she owes her Dad some incredibly proud moments for this last one . :yes: :grin:

Steve , hope the site comes through this saturday.

Dan

Toadman
04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Ive seen you two together also.. I could see the love in her eyes , :loveit: :loveit: She was hanging all over you ! Glad all is well amigo...... |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone! We just got home. I can tell she's feeling better because she already asked me to get her some new nail polish. Girls.... <;) |:cheering:

randy
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Glad to hear your daughter is ok :perfect10: Those moments can be scary.

aloldstuff
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
So glad to hear that your daughter is okay. Kids can kill ya or make ya feel so good. Hope your 1700's house pans out

Fire Fighter 43
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Glad to here your daughter is OK. I was wondering when someone would post an experience that included someone seeing that show. WTG in handling it in a positive way and good luck with the return trip.

Cheap Thrills
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Steve I just heard some bad stuff on the TV news about the dangers of some Nail polish ingredients and the effects it has on the people who work around it and use it . I know Nail polish remover blocks my sinuses immediately if someone uses it near me . It may not be a good idea for her to be around that stuff for awhile (or at all) especially after just having a kidney infection . Just passing the news it may be something you want to check out .

pulltabsteve
04-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Steve I just heard some bad stuff on the TV news about the dangers of some Nail polish ingredients and the effects it has on the people who work around it and use it . I know Nail polish remover blocks my sinuses immediately if someone uses it near me . It may not be a good idea for her to be around that stuff for awhile (or at all) especially after just having a kidney infection . Just passing the news it may be something you want to check out .

Thanks for the warning George. I didn't get her the nail polish. While I was being sympathetic towards her she figured she would also ask me to buy her a car. She didn't get that either lol happydance02